· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Hybrid View

1. Default flemish giant rabbit?

0 Not allowed!
    anyone on here have one?

my boyfriend is becoming more impatience the more research he does for his future pet. >.> i'm worried he's going to come home with it randomly one day before he's met my rules.

rules being, we have two child barricades, and under the fish tank is completely sealed off animals and children. and the living room is completely spotless. no mid projects laying about everywhere. (cosplayers) oh and he has the cage!

so if anyone has one or had one that was a baby when they got it can you give me some pointers? we don't even have a fence up outside yet. and won't for another year or more. so for a while it will be an indoor bunny.

and i had 4 baby wild bunnies once. and he had a normal pet shop bunny once. so we know some basics on general bunnies. but i feel like he's gonna get in over his head with the size of this one and our tiny 812sqft house. he doesn't understand the meaning of outside animals. >.>
    artist page: http://metal-otaku.deviantart.com
    lot's of fish and aquatic themed art to be found. plus anime.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by metal-otaku
    anyone on here have one?

my boyfriend is becoming more impatience the more research he does for his future pet. >.> i'm worried he's going to come home with it randomly one day before he's met my rules.

rules being, we have two child barricades, and under the fish tank is completely sealed off animals and children. and the living room is completely spotless. no mid projects laying about everywhere. (cosplayers) oh and he has the cage!

so if anyone has one or had one that was a baby when they got it can you give me some pointers? we don't even have a fence up outside yet. and won't for another year or more. so for a while it will be an indoor bunny.

and i had 4 baby wild bunnies once. and he had a normal pet shop bunny once. so we know some basics on general bunnies. but i feel like he's gonna get in over his head with the size of this one and our tiny 812sqft house. he doesn't understand the meaning of outside animals. >.>
    I can't tell you much about that specific species of rabbit but I have kept Lionheads and Harlequins before.

http://binkybunny.com has a lot of great information and a great forum.

Rabbits were probably the most time consuming animals I've had in my life as far as cleaning went. And not all rabbits end up being cuddly, so if your looking for an animal to snuggle with and will be super affectionate, I wouldn't go with a rabbit. It's a luck of the draw. I've seen really sweet rabbits that did love to snuggle but that is not the norm. My rabbits were always totally uninterested in me unless I had treats.

Good luck!
    3 Gallon Planted Betta Tank
    4 gallon planted Aqueon Evolve Dwarf Puffer Tank

0 Not allowed!
    +1 A lot of people seem to have the impression that rabbits are easy to care for. Honestly for the time and work you have to put into them, you'd be better off just getting a dog or cat. It would be easier and you'd get a lot more affection and rewards from it. No offense to anyone who loves them, but as cute and fuzzy as they are I just don't think rabbits make very good pets.

Some can be litter-trained like a cat, but I hear this is pretty difficult and rather hit-and-miss whether your rabbit will want to use the tray, or just go where it pleases. I know when we had our rabbits we were constantly vacuuming up rabbit poo and by the end of it the carpet was all shredded in the corners of the rooms. And like what Weaver said -- a lot of bunnies aren't that affectionate.

Flemish's are pretty docile as far as rabbits go, I hear. But again... Messy and TONS of work.

... get a Ragdoll instead. Best pet I've EVER owned by a million longshots.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ragdoll

0 Not allowed!
    Point the rabbit fan at the House Rabbit Handbook

http://www.amazon.com/House-Rabbit-H.../dp/0940920123

0 Not allowed!
    I had a house rabbit that used a liter box out in our lanai. I had 14 more in cages up from the ground outside in my garage. Rabbits are hard to keep in the house. Their urine is very strong. They also have, not only a fierce bite, but a fierce kick. They should only be on the ground if you are right there to guard them due to snakes, foxes, and other critters getting into the their caged area.

Pick them up by the scruff of the neck (like animals carry their young) holding them away from you or they will scratch the heck out of you. They won't kick carrying them that way.

Not a good pet for young kids. Males and females need to be separated. Males will kill any baby rabbits and may do great harm, if not kill, the female.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ameliaaahx
    +1 A lot of people seem to have the impression that rabbits are easy to care for. Honestly for the time and work you have to put into them, you'd be better off just getting a dog or cat. It would be easier and you'd get a lot more affection and rewards from it. No offense to anyone who loves them, but as cute and fuzzy as they are I just don't think rabbits make very good pets.

Some can be litter-trained like a cat, but I hear this is pretty difficult and rather hit-and-miss whether your rabbit will want to use the tray, or just go where it pleases. I know when we had our rabbits we were constantly vacuuming up rabbit poo and by the end of it the carpet was all shredded in the corners of the rooms. And like what Weaver said -- a lot of bunnies aren't that affectionate.

Flemish's are pretty docile as far as rabbits go, I hear. But again... Messy and TONS of work.

... get a Ragdoll instead. Best pet I've EVER owned by a million longshots.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ragdoll
    problem with your first suggestion. i hate dogs and cats with a passion. and my boyfriend hates cats. and my mother is allergic to both.

my boyfriend had his potty trained and said that wasn't an issue. and i didn't care because my were rehabs and were going back to the wild.

we only have carpet in 2 rooms which will be blocked off. the rest of the house is tile.

most of our animals fall under people don't find them affectionate. gekos, turtles, and fish. but we still find them to be. specially when they meet you at the front of their cage when you walk in the front door. and paw at it till you let them climb up your arm and ride on ya.

@lady hobbs. thanks for the info on the urine. the 4 i rehabbed were kept at work. which is well ventilated. so that's probably why didn't notice that. however in my small house i probably will.

as a baby i have no issue with it being in the home. when it's bite sized. however when looking up this kind it seems common to let it live in a dog house in the back yard. but i will keep in mind about that for sure when we build the fence. as it also has to be digger tortoise proof.

we are looked for a male i believe. and we'll be getting him fixed. there will only be one rabbit also. not two.
    artist page: http://metal-otaku.deviantart.com
    lot's of fish and aquatic themed art to be found. plus anime.