· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    Cute! Thanks for the photos...

I could have 'adopted'...for a bargain fee...a lovely lorikeet yesterday...

Unfortunately, I have enough parrots (7, including the 2 budgies)...I need to say 'no'...

...still, I hope it finds a good home...owner had to give it up due to asthma...
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you. I have tried Bannas and some greens, they don't seem to like it but I will keep trying to give it to them for a week and see if they come around. I really want them to eat more than just seeds. I have an iodine block and a cuttle bone in the cage as well. They are tearing up the iodine block up good.

The blue one is still scared but he will come out if the green one is out of the cage.
    They pooped like crazy today when I had them out for an hour. They now see my finger when they are outside of the cage as a safe spot, they will jump on when I go near to them.
    The green budgie likes to watch my fish, he is really interested in the fish.

3. Default Congrats on your Birds!

0 Not allowed!
    Along with my hobby of the Fish, I to love the Birds. Had 2 Budgie Birds myself that I trained & bonded with, could call them by name & they'd come find me thru the house, unfortunately Rocky hit the cupboard door & broke his neck so I invested in two Cockatiels "Mario & Luigi." Mario would say "Would you who?" but that was all, hand trained them also but after 5 years I gave them away so I could have my African Parrot Gaby & she also is hand tamed & hand trained, she says everything you could imagine except the bad stuff. Ironically, it was the bonding period of the two wild Budgies that made me realize that if given enough time & patients, you can bond with pretty much any of Gods creatures I believe, give or take a few but I found it so amazing when I first realized that the Bird knew who I was & communicated in a sort of body language that it trusted me & loved me. Same thing happened with this fish I have the Purple Spotted Goby, given enough time & patients I started to see a kind of behavior that was meant just for me, I fell in love with a Fish & just like the Parrot & the two big Dogs I have, this lil guy is just as dear to my heart as any of them, he's a sick lil fella now but I'm doing what I can to save him. Again congrats on the new additions to your Family & keep me posted on how things are coming along.
    Car

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Budgies are a natural seed eating bird that's what theit main diet consists off. Don't worry if you canny get them to eat greens etc

From my own experience I found that all my bits really got tore initio things like grass and dandelions. Stuff that they would naturally find in the wild. All trial and error until u find something they like

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    ...as far as that goes...put them on a good quality pellet...that should be their primary food. They must eat that first...

...and then add extras to that...like a good seed mix and fresh greens...

With the pellets as their main diet...you at least know they're getting proper nutrition and all their vitamins and mineral...

The rest then serves more as foraging fun and enrichment and you don't have to worry so much about supplying the proper diet and what they're eating.

And don't give them too much millet...that's like potato chips...they won't eat anything else. It's fine as a treat once in a while though...maybe once a week or so.
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Ok thanks for the info. I am trying to get my favorite LFS and LBS to bring in the pellets. As for now I am keeping them on seeds and Oats and Grotes. And they only get a small piece of spray millet once a week or when I am training them.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    If you decide to switch them to a pellet diet, you need to do it gradually, or they will starve themselves to death. With all new foods, budgies take a long time before they will be willing to try something new. That is why you need to be persistant with the veggies. Just keep giving them every day, and after a couple of weeks, you will be surprised to see that they nibbled at it. :D

I've never had good luck with bananas or apples. But the grass idea is excellent. Especially if you can find long grasses with seeds on them. Once they learn to eat one kind of veggie, they should figure out the next kind a little easier. I give mine carrots and collard greens from the time they fledge, and even then it still takes weeks or months before some of them try it.

Another good starter veggie is leafy celery tops. But don't give the stalks, because the water content in them can cause diarrhea. Presenting the veggies in different forms, such as whole, cut up, or finely grated can help the process, since they might like one form over another. Hens like to chew a lot, thus I give carrots in whole pieces. Slicing up greens into long stringy pieces is also enticing.

Pellets are an unnatural food for seed eating birds, because they like to husk their seeds, and it can be frustrating for them that there are no shells to remove. But I like to give pellets as a supplement, in addition to the seed.

They are cute in your photos. Any names yet? Sometimes something odd will just pop into your head, and then it becomes a good fit. (Like I had a baby once who just seemed like a "Thumper" to me- I don't know why. So she became Thumper and her brother became Bambi. :D)

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yes I am still trying to figure out some names for them. The first time I had birds the names fit when I picked them.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I had two budgies in the past. A female and male. I heard if the fleshy part above the beak turns blue, it's a male. Brown, it's a female. When they are young, its difficult to tell the sex.

My female was nice, but more quiet and serious compared to the male. Unfortunately my female passed away at the age of 10.

My male budgie boneded with me. He learned to say hello, goodbye, did the wolf whistle and a few tricks.

Very smart little birds.

My male bird passed away too at the age of nine.

I don't have birds now but may get another budgie in the future. Great little pets. :)