· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: more ferts

1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Will I need a glass all clear hood.? What will work bulb wise I know nothing about plants. Cause I wanted floating plants for shade but I need more light for bottom

Arrow

0 Not allowed!
    You are going to need to replace your fixture, Not simply the bulb.

I would suggest a 30" T5HO [High output] fixture as I had a 30" T5NO [normal output] on a 29 and I found it a bit lacking for mid light plants [Your plants may vary]

DO make sure it has bulbs appropriate for FW/Plants and this is usually a combo of a 6700k bulb and a 10000K bulb.

The first is excellent for plants but tends to look a bit yellow to our eyes, The second is also good for plants but casts a much more attractive light and the combo works well.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Will adial fixture fit on my hood Since the fixture and Hood came tgether I don't know ifnican ad a dual since the plexiglass portion is only so big suggestions n. Hood and adecent fixture

0 Not allowed!
    I have no idea, Only one of us know the dimensions of your plexi. :-P

Some measuring and close reading of the info on the lights you are shopping for can solve this though.

Or as you mentioned previously you could go glass topped [Or open, All mine are open topped]

You have a couple ways to go here.

Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I thought aquariums had to be closed top. I wonder if they make a glass top. Might be easier to go open. Would 6700k and a colormax be adaquete I like how that bulb made my fish colors pop or u would stay with a 10000k

0 Not allowed!
    Several brands have bulbs called colormax so I am not sure which ones you mean but as long as their spectrum is in the 6500k to 10000k range it will work. I suspect they are near 10k since they are so visually appealing.

Glass tops are easily available at LFSs although I have had some cut at both glass shops and my local hardware store, FAR cheaper that way.[Not that I am using them ]

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Soglass top any fixture would work maybe ok just do that

Thumbs up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrain252
    Soglass top any fixture would work maybe ok just do that
    Any fixture will sit there.. Whether or not it is suitable for your plants has a few more requirements lol. But Yeah, You have the general idea.

0 Not allowed!
    Do you have a Marineland tank? I ask because some of the tank manufacturers make tanks and tops BUT the tops do not QUITE fit on other brands of tanks. We have seen that here before.

The light would be med/high light for your tank IMO - Being high output.

You could grow almost whatever you wanted :D and possibly go High tech[CO2] if you desired as well.