· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffs99dime
    That is awesome! Can't wait to see a whole tank shot with the new fish.
    Already did: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...3&postcount=51
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan

~ 350 Litre Tank Journal ~ ~ 30 Litre Tank Journal ~

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    very nice!!! looks stunning.
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, pair kribs, & nerite snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: EBJD, congos, apple snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ~firefly~
    Wow! You should definitely put that in the Totm comp next month.

0 Not allowed!
    Argh...it all went Pete Tong tonight! http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...d.php?t=108982

Cool

0 Not allowed!
    Not updated this for a while. Did a big tidy up on this tank tonight, hacked back a lot of the stem plants and replanted the cuttings. I lost most of my Posgostemon when I was on holiday. I think my feeding schedule (robot feeder and friend coming in every other day) was a little stingy and the barbs took emergency measures and ate nearly all of this species of plant. They also ate one leaf of the amazon sword and a few bunches of Lobelia. Greedy things.

Anyway, update. Here is a quick snap. The Hygrophila is starting to take over a bit so I'll have to watch it. I do like to prune it regularly so it doesn't over-shadow the others.

It doesn't really show on an automatic compact camera but I have also added some stick on LED strips to the lid of the tank. I didn't even know these existed until I read it on here!

Very easy things to fit. I've no idea how to tell how much power they have - I got them off Amazon and it didn't say. Anyone know? This is the model: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Saxby-13845-...0184400&sr=1-6

I'm now preparing for some upset in my previous careful balance of ferts, EasyCarbo and crappy lights.

0 Not allowed!
    Looking good Firefly! I use those strips, too, but I have the blue ones for moon light simulation. They're cheap and work perfectly for my needs. =] Not sure about the ouput on the white ones, but I'm sure you could find a table somewhere. I'll keep an eye out for one.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

0 Not allowed!
    Cheers. From guess work by sight (as in just how much brighter it looks), I'd say it was about half as bright again to what I had before. Not very scientific I know.

I haven't got a spare slot on my timer for the LEDs so for a while, until I get an adapter or another timer, I'll just put them on manually for a couple of hours in the evening.

0 Not allowed!
    I guess it's been a while since I saw this tank or I never read the beginning of your journal. I just went to a presentation about Lake Tanganyika cichlids last Saturday, so when I saw your latest update I was thinking... "that doesn't seem appropriate, and I don't see any cichlids." lol Now I've read the beginning of the journal and things make sense.

Sorry about the rough start, but at least you can use this tank to show off your aquatic green thumb talents.

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

0 Not allowed!
    Ahh yes, I'd keep Tanganyikans again, for sure. Fascinating behaviours, really never kept anything like them before. I'd like a species tank of Neolamprologus pulcher "daffodil" some day. And if I ever win the lottery I'd get a huge Frontosa tank.

But I now LOVE a planted tank. I think I'd have a hard time choosing between the plants and the fish to be quite honest

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah, I think their behavior is why most hobbyists keep many of them. They're very interesting to watch, while most not being the most beautiful "fish in the sea." Frontosas, of course, would be awesome.

I agree with you... it wouldn't be the same without plants. The challenge in creating a beautiful, liveable ecosystem for your little friends (and yourself) is a wonderful experience. Almost zen-like.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast