· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
  1. Default Plan finalized and ready to start the process

0 Not allowed!
    I finally decided How I want to do my overflow on my 20H. I'm gonna go with the bean animal design using 3/4" drains. I'm gonna use glass from a 5 gallon tank to build the overflow. It should be dead silent and not take up too much space since I'm going with 3/4" drains. I'm gonna do one return with a y in the tank to spread the water flow out. I could have bought overflow and return kits from glassholes.com but decided to piece everything together and I am saving about 50 bucks or so. Plus I wanted my tank to be "custom" LOL

I picked up some 2x3s to build the frame of my stand. Gonna make it 48" tall and 30" wide and 18" deep. Which will give me 3" all the way around the tank and I can drill holes in the back for the plumbing. Prob build that tomorrow. still working the kinks out, how I am going to finish it and add a door, but I may just use 1/4" sheets of birch or oak plywood, stain or paint it, and just put moldings on the edges.

I'll get my parts on order tonight, build the stand tomorrow, play around with the tank to figure out where I want to cut the holes

I
    72 gallon saltwater

2. Default Found a random zoa

0 Not allowed!
    Scoping out my 72 gl tank today and found a random zoa head by it's lonesome 12 or more inches away on a different rock. Not sure if this is normal.

I added a lemon peel to the 72 gal and a 6 line wrasse to the 20 gal

Both great additions. Also acclimating a orange stripe prawn goby for the 72
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (108.5 KB, 11 views)
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (38.6 KB, 7 views)
    72 gallon saltwater

Awards Showcase

Friends don't let friends drink alone, and I'm there for you man - Cliff After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1 I can't drink alone mate - ScottishFish I won't thank you because it's a thankless job 7 also I cannot find any CUC type gifts but thanks [ - 850R Cheers bud - Cliff 
    Time for a Pint? I cannae drink alone - ScottishFish Implied message here. - mommy1 Congrats MOTM !!! - Cliff Cheers! - escamosa I dunno why I'm giving you a skunkloach as your prize,. They just sound cool! :) - escamosa 
    Merry Christmas - KingFisher Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas!! - ScottishFish Happy X-mas! :-) - MCHRKiller Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 
    A cup of coffee to get you going on that build. - Strider199 Merry xmas! - ScottishFish Merry Christmas - mommy1 Happy New Year - mommy1 Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    looks like a mushroom growing, not a zoa. very hardy critters those shrooms.
    Thar she blows!!!

0 Not allowed!
    Good luck with that Lemon Peel and the corals. Although considered "reef safe with caution" they are probably the least "reef safe" of the Cytropyge genus. Beautiful fish though.
    Considering a Marine Aquarium? A Breakdown of the Components, Live Rock, Cycling a Marine Tank

"The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice." - Unknown

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispy
    looks like a mushroom growing, not a zoa. very hardy critters those shrooms.
    I feel like a dumb@ss. The one pic is of a ricordia mushroom I just added to my 20 gallon today. I thought I mentioned that LOL .The other pic is of the random zoa head. Here are three pics. In pic number one, you see the zoa clusters and on the very bottom right is where the random zoa showed up.

One more thing, I have two aptasias/glass anemones growing in my 20.... I think I'm gonna buy a syringe and try boiling water or lemon juice.

And as far as the lemon peel being reef safe. I don't really have a reef tank going yet. Just the zoas in the 72 Till I buy new lights, then I may add some lps corals in there.
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (57.5 KB, 10 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (55.4 KB, 9 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (34.5 KB, 8 views)
    72 gallon saltwater

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoWild
    Just the zoas in the 72 Till I buy new lights, then I may add some lps corals in there.
    Angel's favourite targets. Good luck
    Considering a Marine Aquarium? A Breakdown of the Components, Live Rock, Cycling a Marine Tank

"The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice." - Unknown

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvMyGoldBarb
    Angel's favourite targets. Good luck
    Awesome, another learning experience like my anemone eating my clown fish and stinging and killing my mushroom. Oh saltwater.... LOL I don't feel I'm ready for lps yet anyways, let alone dealing with a fish nipping them. I'll worry about it when the time comes LOL
    72 gallon saltwater

8. Default Got my stuff in the mail today

0 Not allowed!
    I got my bulkheads,elbows,return and return pump today. One step closer!
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (29.8 KB, 8 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (41.0 KB, 6 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (44.6 KB, 6 views)
    72 gallon saltwater

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    image.jpgimage.jpg
    72 gallon saltwater

10. Default Just wanted to post a quick pic from my phone of a premium Picasso clown

0 Not allowed!
    I picked this up as it was missed marked as a snowflake, then scratched to show it was a Picasso clown but remained at the $50.00 price point. The guy manger who sold it to me knew it was a premium Picasso clown fish, a $150-180 fish but said it came in mislabeled so he sold it to me anyway. He also showed me a pair of I think the were black ice clowns that he got in that retail for 250 each. Just thought I'd share me score. image.jpg
    72 gallon saltwater