· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Everything seems to be going good in my 72 gallon tank. I've been maintaining 1.020 specific gravity levels in my tank since its only a fowler but over the last week I have been trying to slowly increase the levels to 1.023/1.024 but it's been slow going but it's almost there.

I came home from the hospital my anemone was deflated looking and I panicked some but I called the lfs and come to find out he was pooping, He ate and was looking good within the hr.

My 20 gallon is due for a huge wc but I don't have time so it's just running with lr, skimmer, powerheads, heater and lights on a timer.

I'm pretty sure I want to set up a sump for it to make things more stable, probably do a 10 gallon. Thinking of using a cpr overflow with a return pump I have already. Or possibly do a diy overflow but there isn't much room in the 20 gallon to begin with so that may be unsightly for my taste

Also my stand can't hold a 10 gallon sump so I may try to build a custom one or figure something else out.

I'm researching corals and other things to increase my know how.
    72 gallon saltwater

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Also the LR I was curing became ready to put in the tank earlier this week so most of it went into the sump. Now my sump is full of live rock.
    72 gallon saltwater

0 Not allowed!
    Good thing your rasing the salinity. I would suggest kepping it around 1.025 to 1.027. That is closer that of the ocean and will help you to keep other parameters in line such as your pH.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    My first coral is looking pretty good. Not a bad buy for $15.00 Any one tell me what excatly it is.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by GoWild; 06-27-2012 at 01:24 AM.
    72 gallon saltwater

Awards Showcase

After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1 I can't drink alone mate - ScottishFish I won't thank you because it's a thankless job 7 also I cannot find any CUC type gifts but thanks [ - 850R Cheers bud - Cliff Time for a Pint? I cannae drink alone - ScottishFish 
    Implied message here. - mommy1 Congrats MOTM !!! - Cliff Cheers! - escamosa I dunno why I'm giving you a skunkloach as your prize,. They just sound cool! :) - escamosa Merry Christmas - KingFisher 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas!! - ScottishFish Happy X-mas! :-) - MCHRKiller Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 A cup of coffee to get you going on that build. - Strider199 
    Merry xmas! - ScottishFish Merry Christmas - mommy1 Happy New Year - mommy1 Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Happy Birthday. - gadget228 

0 Not allowed!
    those are zoanthids. commonly called zoos or zoas and a good beginners coral.
    Thar she blows!!!

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispy
    those are zoanthids. commonly called zoos or zoas and a good beginners coral.

LOL is there another part of there name. Are they just green zoas?
    72 gallon saltwater

Awards Showcase

After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1 I can't drink alone mate - ScottishFish I won't thank you because it's a thankless job 7 also I cannot find any CUC type gifts but thanks [ - 850R Cheers bud - Cliff Time for a Pint? I cannae drink alone - ScottishFish 
    Implied message here. - mommy1 Congrats MOTM !!! - Cliff Cheers! - escamosa I dunno why I'm giving you a skunkloach as your prize,. They just sound cool! :) - escamosa Merry Christmas - KingFisher 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas!! - ScottishFish Happy X-mas! :-) - MCHRKiller Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 A cup of coffee to get you going on that build. - Strider199 
    Merry xmas! - ScottishFish Merry Christmas - mommy1 Happy New Year - mommy1 Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Happy Birthday. - gadget228 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoWild
    LOL is there another part of there name. Are they just green zoas?
    there are a million names for all the dif coloured ones. not sure exactly what to call yours, but they are basically all the same to my knowledge.
    Thar she blows!!!

8. Default Moved my tank

0 Not allowed!
    I moved my tank today to where my 75 gal. fw. Getting everything in order for when my boy enters this world on friday. I cleaned the glass and took off that stupid blue background. My water looks immaculate. I switched my sump around too which was no easy task since it has to come out the top of the stand and it's just me. But now it's a straight shot up for my return pump so I will get max pressure out of it.

I'm going to try to set up an algae scrubber this weekend but we'll see if that happens.

Tested the 20 gl tank and everything is normal. 0's for ammonia and nitrite and about 10ppm. nitrate. I put a turbo snail and my new mis bar clown in the tank and will watch it closely for awhile to make sure things stay stable.

I think I might build a custom stand for the 20 gallon that is taller and can accommodate a 10 gal sump, that I want to put a refuge or algae scrubber in. Maybe build a custom canopy too.

Thats it for now. Things are looking good. Oh I took out all the substrate in the nano and kind of like the bare bottom look for now.

Also my rock is just in there on the 72 because I was to busy cleaning the house to get it right
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (200.5 KB, 14 views)
    72 gallon saltwater

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    our sail fin blenny hanging out.
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (44.6 KB, 9 views)
    72 gallon saltwater

10. Default Algae Scrubber

0 Not allowed!
    Well I got my algae scrubber set up yesterday. Right now the piping is held up by zipties so it looks kind of ghetto but oh well. I'm still working on the lighting too but right now the screen is 10.5 x 14 so it's about 2" per display tank volume when lit on one side. I put a union on there so I could just take off the latter part and clean it easily.

Now that I am getting some more direction in my tank, I may start to think about my sump set up again.
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (154.3 KB, 11 views)
    • File Type: jpg 12.jpg (140.7 KB, 9 views)
    72 gallon saltwater

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast