· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I check out the fish on the internet while at the store all time. When all the labels for the fish read 10+ gallons, or mild temperament, it makes you wonder...
    • 26G Bowfront: 5 Red Wag Platies, 6 Blackskirt Tetras, 4 Neon Tetras, 1 Golden Mystery Snail, 1 Black Mystery Snail
    • 10G QT: Empty

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I'm guilty if you want to call it that. I have certain sites that I compare for information. I have even shown people several times why they shouldn't choose the common pleco an assortment of cichlids, and neon tetras to put in with their goldfish and crayfish. Ok maybe not that extreme, but certainly explaining schooling and cycling to people. Once I even had to prove to an employee why they shouldn't try to net a pictus cat.

Google is your friend!
    Someday, when I have all the fish tanks I want, I hope to be featured on an episode of animal hoarders.

Received some great advice? Be sure to show your appreciation by giving rep points! Click the scale on the upper right of that wonderful post and tell someone

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I've Googled at the fish/pet store... Not only to check if a fish is compatible but to check the needs of certain plants etc.... However if I'm in a chain store like Petsmart or Petco I'm checking prices on equipment... Many times I found stuff on Amazon much cheaper and they have always matched the price.

carl

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Same here in regards to checking out prices on products from amazon versus local stores. I found that most equipment can be purchased for cheaper online that at the stores. The one exception are the actual aquariums. I'm guessing it has to do with shipping heavy glass.
    As for live plants and fish its been much cheaper, by a large margin, to buy locally. Again this is due to shipping costs, for live specimens.

On the plus side of locally purchased fish, there are some really good seasonal deals from various stores which help fill out your aquariums for cheap. My only worry is the condition of these fish when the stock so many and so fast.
    • 26G Bowfront: 5 Red Wag Platies, 6 Blackskirt Tetras, 4 Neon Tetras, 1 Golden Mystery Snail, 1 Black Mystery Snail
    • 10G QT: Empty

0 Not allowed!
    I do it all the time ever since I bought non aquatic plants thinking the lfs was an honest place.... Live and learn. One of my LFS i visit is underground so I am constantly running up and down the stairs just so I can google lmao what a workout.
    Roll the Dice!