· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks guys. I'll def look him up. I'm just adding to my 55g.

Or do you mean what size Discus?? Lol. I'm going for the smallest I can find = the cheapest. My LFS gets them from Germany and charges $50 for a small one.
    130g: 4 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 12 Conga Tetras, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora

0 Not allowed!
    Wow! Expensive little guys. Have you checked Aquabid?
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

0 Not allowed!
    I haven't. I assumed that the shipping price would probably make up for any discount I might get online.
    130g: 4 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 12 Conga Tetras, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora

0 Not allowed!
    Depends on who you go with. Most people are pretty reasonable. Priority mail (2-3 day) usually goes for about $12-13, whereas Express gets into the $20s.

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

0 Not allowed!
    I may end up checking into it. I have an issue of buying something before I really, REALLY see it. Know what I mean? And considering the delicate natures these fish have... I just don't know if I would want to risk it.

Also, I now have a proper stand for my tank, AND I am certain that it will hold a 75g. So, if I can find one for a good deal I'll get a 75 and transfer everyone into it. That would be MUCH better for Discus, and I wouldn't be afraid to get the 5+ number that is best for them.

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah, it's a toss-up, I think. A lot of breeders online have great stock, but since you don't know how they keep their tanks, you really don't know. I've been pretty lucky so far... until my Rabbit Snail purchase. ;/ I just ordered 5 and I just received 5 DOAs. lol

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Hi Mandy. Nice to have you back. Like Kevin, I was wondering about you too. Glad you made the move and the fish survived!

Good luck on the discus. Cermet is also a GREAT resource for Discus. can't wait to see how that goes. I thought about trying my had at them when I set up the 90 gal but decided I wasn't ready for that big of a commitment. As well as you keep your tank I'm sure you'll do fine!~
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks fm! :) I do try.

My husband and I just spent the last two hours cleaning the crap out of that tank!

My filters needed a good swishing, and the intake tubes a good scrubbing. :)

The only thing I'm really worried about with Discus is my PH of 7.2. Which I've read that they can be kept for display purposes only in that PH (no breeding). Which is fine with me because I don't want to deal with baby anything. IF I had a 100g tank MAYBE, but I don't.

0 Not allowed!
    SAM_1793.JPG

So as you can tell from the above picture, I did a little rescape.
    The tank looks much better after cleaning the filters, intakes, and all that stuff.

I'm happy to report readings of 0,0,0 for the past three days! All algae problems seem to have subsided as well. Turns out I was WAY overfeeding. I have to keep tabs on myself... lol.

0 Not allowed!
    Glad to hear your params are good and you solved some issues. Feeding is such a touchy thing, isn't it? Do you feed once or twice a day?

Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast