· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Oh I like that tile idea!!! I'm not sure what kind of wood it is. We checked to see if we could scratch it and that was REALLY hard to do.

I will def be looking for some sort of heavy tile to do that with. I hate having those bricks in there. They look awful.
    130g: 4 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 12 Conga Tetras, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora

0 Not allowed!
    All right. It is officially Day 2 with my Dwarf Gourami, and all is well. I am surprised at how active he is! I guess where I had read that they were fairly slow and peaceful I was expecting a more 'lazy' fish. He is so curious! Not to mention he has already adjusted to feeding. When I open the top of the tank he just floats right up. Still need a name for the little guy. I think I'll do some research on names that mean 'bright' or 'sun'.

I've also started keeping fish profiles on my computer with all their known info on them.
    130g: 4 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 12 Conga Tetras, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    yeah I gotta agree about the TBs not fitting it, you could get a smaller pleco if you want one though!

Also if you boil the wood it should sink....
    RIP Shark Bait, my Red Tail Shark :(

0 Not allowed!
    We did boil them for like, two days. Lol. I wanted to make sure they were nice and clean. Anyway, what we did was put them in the bath tub, and then (not really safe but...) we hooked up our electric skillet and submerged it in the water. Okay it didn't actually boil, but you didn't want to touch the water. We left them there for two days!! Also, the don't fit in pots. That's the best we could do.

I was hoping they would eventually be so waterlogged that they would sink. It's taking FOREVER...

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Some may not think so, but I think most people overkill with boiling, as in your case. Other than trying to get every last tannin particle out, there's no point. If the boiling was done in an attempt to water log, your best bet is to throw it in a bucket and forget about it. Could take a week, or 2 months...

I hope you did an acid test on the brick, because although a majority are clay, there are many types of red brick. I'd be more concerned about boiling the brick than the wood.
    I now have a question mark key, a slash, and a left arrow. I still don't have patience.

0 Not allowed!
    I did not do an acid test on the brick. How would I do that? And now that it's in the water what affects could it have???

It has been in there for about 3 weeks.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I didn't use an airstone in the bucket when I acclimated my fish for an hour either. I followed one of the drip acclimation procedures posted in the Beginner forum and it didnt say anything about it, so I had no clue.

I like the aquascape in your tank, Mandy. But I would also add at least a couple more fish to keep your BB alive! Don't want all that time to go to waste :)

0 Not allowed!
    Yes I really didn't know about the airstone thing. I def would have done it. You'd think I'd figure that one out because when my husband goes fishing and uses minnows some of them usually die in the bucket from lack of oxygen...... I'm glad somebody reminded me of thise before I added a school at one time.

I know I can't wait!!! I am ordering the start to my tetra school tomorrow, and they will be in Thursday.

The only reason I only got one fish is because they didn't have the Cardinals, and I didn't see any others there that I liked. I was planning on buying all my fish from the same store, but if you all think it is a better idea I might go to a different one and get a few tetras that I like just to be on the safe side.

I want two schools of tetra. The Cardinals for sure, but I haven't found what I want for the other school. I'm kinda partial to the white clouds??? I think that's what they are called.

Thank you for the aquascape compliment! I'll most likely add more plants. I promise it really does look better than my pics make it out to. I CANNOT get my camera to take a good pic for the life of me.

As for the DG he is doing great. I haven't picked a name for him yet, but I'll let you all know. I don't plan on naming all my fish, I just thought he was special since he was the first.

Any suggestions on what kind of tetra would go well with

1 Angel
    3 German Blue Rams
    1 D Gourami
    20 Cardinal Tetras
    6 Khuli Loaches

Please make a suggestion!

I like Cherry Barbs, White Cloud Tetras (?), aaaannnnd I think that's it.
    Also, whatever I choose will be in a school of AT LEAST 15.

0 Not allowed!
    Also, I know barbs aren't tetras. Lol. I do like them though.

0 Not allowed!
    Ya know then again I don't know how much good even that would do considering that I need to QT any new fish that I get anyway.