· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Hrmmmmm... It's starting to look like an ulcer.

I've been trying to find a treatment for that, but people usually don't have any solutions. Looks like topical treatments are best for ulcers. Debride is suggested for Koi/Goldfish... but I'm not sure what to use for other freshwater tropical fish.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

0 Not allowed!
    I've been looking around as well, and all the instances like this seem to end in death no matter what the treatment.....

If this doesn't start to improve soon I may have to put him down.
    130g: 7 Angelfish, 1 Bolivian, 12 Neon Tetras, 14 Serpae Tetras, 9 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora ? Ghost Shrimp
    I've noticed that people HATE it when you point out how stupid they are, so now I try to do it politely.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    so sorry he hasn't improved, Mandy. Since it's growing, I think we can safely assume it's not bullying. I hope you come up for a solution for him. Is he eating?
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, he is eating and swimming normally. I'm thinking this may have been why he went into hiding.

Either he went into hiding because he was sick OR he got the ulcer because he was stressed and hiding.
    130g: 7 Angelfish, 1 Bolivian, 12 Neon Tetras, 14 Serpae Tetras, 9 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora ? Ghost Shrimp
    I've noticed that people HATE it when you point out how stupid they are, so now I try to do it politely.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Somebody on here gave me some advice about treating scale/body injuries with hydrogen peroxide. That's a debriding agent you probably already have. Let me find it and I'll edit this...
    EDIT -
    This is from Indian Woods Angels:
    *quote*
    Much like a human open wound, the wounds on a fish can be treated using a mild bath of hydrogen peroxide as a body dip. I put 10 drops of HP into a 2.5 gallon aquarium and place the fish in there for 30 minutes. The tank is totally clean and empty. To up the dose increase per proportion.

Reaction time and recognition of a problem always helps towards a successful recovery.

For open sores and wounds I remove the fish and swab the area directly with a Q Tip with either a 50% solution of HP diluted with distilled water or a 100% solution, go with the scales and try to only administer the HP to the open wound. You can often also do a bath after this treatment. In conjunction with a bacterial population knock down within a QT or hospital tank these methods work fairly well.

*end of quote*

IDK if that will help you, but it is another idea. Good luck to you and the little fish.
    Last edited by bethyMT; 10-28-2012 at 07:57 PM.
    Beth
    1 - 55 gallon planted community
    3 - 10 to 20 gallon planted betta tanks
    My advice: slow down, think, and be willing to learn. Then you'll be fine, no matter what.

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks bethy! I will try that!

On another note I just pulled the last two neons from the tank. 100% die off of the new batch. How disappointing.

EDIT: After HP swabbing Gourami is a bit freaked out. He is def losing energy. There was no flopping or anything when I pulled him from the tank. Not much bubbling from the wound, but hopefully it helps.
    Last edited by MandyK; 10-28-2012 at 08:08 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    +1 to HP. I just read something similar. I also saw something about a neosporin. I would listen to Indian Woods Angel, though... he's one of the smartest fish keepers on here, if you ask me.

Btw, stress is said to cause ulcers in fish (just as it would in humans, though internally). So, he could definitely have been stressed about something.
    Last edited by KevinVA; 10-29-2012 at 12:16 AM.

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, I will. I'll d othat everyday to see if I can get some sort of reaction from him.

I pulled another neon from the 55g today, and that neon HAD to be from MY original batch.... Doing a W/C now. I don't know what else it could be, or to do. None of my other fish seem affected at all, including the bottom dwellers.

ARG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MandyK
    Yes, I will. I'll d othat everyday to see if I can get some sort of reaction from him.

I pulled another neon from the 55g today, and that neon HAD to be from MY original batch.... Doing a W/C now. I don't know what else it could be, or to do. None of my other fish seem affected at all, including the bottom dwellers.

ARG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yeesh! I'm sorry again, Mandy. =/ I wonder if some fish, like Neons, are like birds (like Parakeets). When a cage mate dies (friend or mate), they'll become so stressed/depressed that they sometimes die.

0 Not allowed!
    Lost another Neon today... I'm down to 22 now.

Gourami is still holding. No improvement and no decline which I guess is good. I'm treating daily with peroxide.

Happy Halloween everyone!

Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast