· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    That is SWEET Kevin! I'm really happy that you finally found something to work for you. Feels good to have the junk gone doesn't it?? :)

At feeding time my Gourami heads for the hills. He can be out and about grazing on algae (His fav past time) and as soon as I approach the tank he bolts. I have come to the conclusion that my fish consider me a menace...

That reminds me... I think I have some puffer pics to upload.
    130g: 4 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 12 Conga Tetras, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora

0 Not allowed!
    I just convinced the hubs to take me to my fave FS in the area for some Neon Tetras.

I do not plan on QTing these guys just for the simple reason that I expect to lose some anyway. I'm sure the stress of a QT (which also isn't available) would just make things worse.

Maybe I'll make it out with a troup of shrimp as well. I still have that one ghost shrimp that I got a long time ago. He's BIG, lol.

So, 10 more Neons by day's end. YAY!
    130g: 4 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 12 Conga Tetras, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Mandy. Feels great! =] That stuff is nasty looking and you can't get rid of it (until now).

Maybe your Gourami had a bad experience with its' previous fish keeper/distributor. ;P

Nice, on the Neons. How many will that make? Or how many are you planning on finally having?

I've been thinking of shrimp, too... but now that I have Assassin snails, I don't know... Risky business, I guess. At least that's what I read last night.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

0 Not allowed!
    That will make 34 assuming that they all do survive. I usually lose one or two within the first two days of bringing aa new batch home.

0 Not allowed!
    Wow! Nice. That's got to look great. =]

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

Arrow Just saying....

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MandyK
    I do not plan on QTing these guys just for the simple reason that I expect to lose some anyway. I'm sure the stress of a QT (which also isn't available) would just make things worse.
    But...the rationale behind using a QT tank is to protect your tank from anything/everything the new arrivals bring home.

This doesn't do that You are going to risk your entire tank to save a few neons?
    Last edited by Goes to 11!; 10-24-2012 at 09:22 PM.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

0 Not allowed!
    850R- Just my way of thinking I guess.

Made it home with 15 neons. I'm heating up a pot of water to put one down as of now. I saw that I was going to do this when he went in the bag, so the lady put an extra few in there to compensate. Assuming all the rest survive I'll have 38 Neons!

0 Not allowed!
    Out of the 15 original neons I've got 7 left. That's the largest die off I've EVER had with Neons. I'm used to 1 or 2, but 8 is crazy.

They just start swimming erratically and that's it.

0 Not allowed!
    Wow! That's as bad as my Serpae die off. Sorry to hear it Mandy, that sucks. Hopefully the shop will replace for free?

0 Not allowed!
    They probably would Kev, but I went ahead and disposed of the dead ones. The Neons are only 5 for $6 so I'm not to upset about getting my money back. I just feel bad for the little guys.

Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast