· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MandyK
    *shrugs* I have no idea guys. I've had other tanks before and have had cats drink from them. I mean, I had at least 4 cats that would do it. I haven't had a problem so far.

That was back when I knew nothing about fish, but was keeping them anyway. I'm a bit more proactive about the situation now. Thankfully Tiny prefers drinking from the bathtub...
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    Update
    Day 3--Ick Treatment

All the fish are still acting normal. I caught four Loaches playing last night when I got up for a bathroom break. That makes me happy.

It seems that a few spots have fallen off the Serpae in question. I can't seem to spot the other Serpae that had a spot, so I guess that fell off too.

I will go ahead and up the salinity to the full recommended dose since everyone is okay with it.
    __________________________________________________ _________________
    I'm not really seeing much of a difference in my plants or algae growth. Of course it's only been 2 days since I got the lights, but I guess I was hoping for a miracle or something.

I've dosed with Excel twice. 4 caps the first time, then I plan on doing 1 cap every other day. I'm doing my best to under dose on this as well, because I don't want to harm my fish.

Congrats! Glad your fishes are doing well. =] With the spots falling off, that should mean the ick is going through phases more quickly and you'll be able to nip this in the bud, soon. Keep at it.

As for the plants, did you add any tabs, yet? With the added lights, you'll probably notice better growth within a week (maybe a few days). =]
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

0 Not allowed!
    No, I didn't do that. I thought I'd gauge how things were going to go first.

I told the hubs to pick out a plant for me today, so I'll have a new one when he gets home later. I didn't specify. He wants swords, but I told him that they are kind of high maint... Who, knows. We'll see.

OH WAIT! I totally forgot. There ARE root tabs in there... They are the black stake looking kind that are supposed to last a year or so. I put them in a few months back when I started the tank.
    130g: 7 Angelfish, 1 Bolivian, 12 Neon Tetras, 14 Serpae Tetras, 9 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora ? Ghost Shrimp
    I've noticed that people HATE it when you point out how stupid they are, so now I try to do it politely.

0 Not allowed!
    Update
    Day 4--Ick Treatment

After a thorough check this morning I can say that the spots are gone! So that means that they have dropped to the substrate, and are waiting to break free into the water. I'm hoping the salinity is high enough to take care of them. I'm at the recommended dose now.

Temp at 82.2 this morning. Last night was a little cool, but that is still acceptable.

Treatment will continue for the duration of 10 days, as recommended. If on day 11, there are no signs I will proceed with large water changes to bring down the salinity. Until then I will do no cleaning for fear of contaminating my other tank. My tanks share cleaning equipment.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    General Update

Although the blue green algae is still present in a big way, I'm pretty certain that it is dying off a bit. I have a feeling that after I do my cleaning in 6 days I'll be rid of most of it for good. I can't really tell much difference in my plants yet, but it will probably take a while.

I WILL be cleaning the glass on my hood today. It is growing some green stuff on it, and is pretty dirty. I'll bet the light is being hindered more than I think by just that simple thing.

My husband brought home a plant for me yesterday. He even called me from the store so that I could Google it before he bought it. Haha. Now if I can remember the name..... It's a Giant Hydro... something... It blooms purple flowers.

I'll post pictures of the plan later today.
    130g: 7 Angelfish, 1 Bolivian, 12 Neon Tetras, 14 Serpae Tetras, 9 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora ? Ghost Shrimp
    I've noticed that people HATE it when you point out how stupid they are, so now I try to do it politely.

0 Not allowed!
    The new addition.

0 Not allowed!
    Glad to see your ick treatment is progressing nicely. =]

I like the plant - it's different looking. I can't find anything about it online, though. haha It's elusive.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinVA
    Glad to see your ick treatment is progressing nicely. =]

I like the plant - it's different looking. I can't find anything about it online, though. haha It's elusive.
    Really? My husband called me so that I could Google it before he bought it. It came right up for me, pics and all. It gets MUCH larger than it is.
    Update
    Day 5--Ick Treatment

No spots, everyone acting just swell. I still can't believe the pond snails are still kicking. They are even managing to lay eggs.
    General Update

I REALLY doubt I'm going to be able to wait 5 more days to clean the tank. The glass needs scraped, and it just looks nasty.

I guess I'll just go ahead and do my Puffer tank stuff, then do the big one after. I need to update the Puffer tank anyway.

0 Not allowed!
    General Update

Hey guys! I can't stand it any more... I'm going to do a W/C on the tank today. It's just too nasty.

I'll be doing my Ick Treatment update later in the day, and I'll be adding some pictures if things go well.

I've also made a video outlining my water changing system. I've posted it in the videos section (because I figure it will get more traffic there), but I want it on my journal so it's going here as well.

0 Not allowed!
    Day 6--Ick Treatment

Everything is still looking good. No new spots, and everyone is behaving as they should.

I just did a W/C, and made sure to replace the appropriate amount of salt back to the tank. I AM seeing some flashing, but apparently this is a common occurrance after W/C's sometimes. I'm taking it with a grain of salt (literally).

Sorry, but no pics today. I just don't feel like waiting on everything to settle down in there. Perhaps tomorrow.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I watched your video on the other thread. I would be worried about doing waterchanges this way in the winter. Your hose outside could freeze up or the water would cool a lot before making it back into the house. You probably dont want to be making a lot of ice outside of your house either. This is assuming you freeze in winter.

0 Not allowed!
    Completely agreed. This is until I get my python.

Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast