· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Thread: So could I?

1. Default So could I?

0 Not allowed!
    I was wondering if this stocking would work. I have a 29g tank. I have an aquaclear 70 currently running and have another AC70 arriving today that I will seed with the biomax from my ac30 that is currently on the tank (not working properly so I upgraded). I currently do weekly 50% WCs but am switching to 2x weekly 30%. (My panda corys keep dying during a WC, long story). The stock currently is as follows...
    10 harlequin rasbora
    1 male dwarf gourami
    2 female platys (I remove all fry)
    3 male guppies
    3 panda corys
    5 bandit corys
    1 assassin snail that i have not seen if a long time
    1 mystery snail

I was wondering if I could add a single Angel fish to the tank?

Note: there is 0 chance of getting more panda corys, I have looked everywhere and I am not having them shipped in again. The pandas seem to not like the tank. They keep dying when I am filing the tank up during WCs. They are the only ones affected by the WCs. They school with the bandit corys. When all of the pandas have gone I will increase the bandit school size by 1-3 individuals. I think that part of the reason why the pandas are not doing good is because they are still practically fry. (they are less than an inch long, maybe I should not buy fish from aquariumfish.net again??)

Anyway's could I add a SINGLE angelfish to the tank? The tank is heavily planted. I have an amazon sward on order. There are lots of hiding places in the tank and a big open swimming space.

Sorry that this has been long winded, it is midnight here. Have a great day/night :)
    Lots of tanks. Some tanks are planted. Fish include community and bettas.
    2 Dachshunds. Angel (Red) and Cookie (Chocolate Dapple).
    Shiny Things and Beauty the rabbits.
    RIP Princess and Max the Dachshunds, Tiger and Ping Pong the rabbits, and all the fishes from when I was a newbie.
    It is Ldoerr NOT Idoerr.
    Black kitten named Midnight that was found 10/29/12

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Not too sure about having a gourami and an angelfish in the same tank. I'll pass on the angel. Plus, 2 AC70s in a 29G will likely be too much water flow for the angel anyways.

I say rehome one of your cory specie and make the school around 8-9.
    Da name's Paul. Not Dave. ROFL

Learn to give and take. That's how things should always work.

0 Not allowed!
    I probably wouldn't, especially not with a gourami. It would also eat your guppies eventually. You could add another school of something small.

Know what you mean about the pandas. I had the same luck with leopards.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Im going to agree that you would probably have to remove the Gourami first. Personally I would make the change, dwarf Gourami are pretty but I like Angels better, and you would no longer have to remove guppy fry unless you wanted too lol.

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime 
    Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R 
    Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 Thanks! - pRED 

0 Not allowed!
    I agree with all the above, I attempted a gourami and angelfish combo once, the outcome was I had 1 less angelfish and an even angrier gourami.
    My therapist says I need a bigger tank . . . . .