· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default assassin snails food?

0 Not allowed!
    so i think my snails may have run out of pests to eat. so this leaves me with a few options... the first option being buy more plants to introduce more pest snails. the second option, get some pests to put in here from another tank [i don't want to do this]... what OTHER option do i have? are they going to exist alright with no pest snails to eat? does someone have a batch they want to pawn off on me? lol
    5 gallon planted tank - 1 female betta and one HUGE mystery snail
    60 gallon planted community 3 marble lyretail mollies, 3 creamsicle mollies, 9 lampeye tetras, 5 bloodfin tetras, 4 black skirt tetras, 1 rubberlipped pleco, 3 peppered corys, 3 bumblebee catfish, 3 emerald green corydoras, 2 gold danios, and 2 giant danios

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I am having the same problem. My assassin has run out of food completely. I do not know what to do.
    Lots of tanks. Some tanks are planted. Fish include community and bettas.
    2 Dachshunds. Angel (Red) and Cookie (Chocolate Dapple).
    Shiny Things and Beauty the rabbits.
    RIP Princess and Max the Dachshunds, Tiger and Ping Pong the rabbits, and all the fishes from when I was a newbie.
    It is Ldoerr NOT Idoerr.
    Black kitten named Midnight that was found 10/29/12

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Its no problem.....

I used to breed Assasins and had up to 60 of them. I used a seperate tank to breed MTS but eventually it broke so they ran out of pest snails.

Instead i fed them a mixture of flake food and bloodworms... they ate it no problem. Only thing i noticed is they didnt lay as many eggs but they can survive without pest snails .
    20gal- Honey gourami's, Endlers, otto's and minnows.
    22gal- 2 Honey gourami's, Bichir senegalus, apisto hongsloi
    33gal- (future home to Bichir senegalus)

Awards Showcase

lets see if you cann see this - William another test - William hope this works - William hopefully this one shows up. - KingFisher It's the closest thing I could find to a snowflake. - Taurus 
    Happy Birthday Girl. Wishing you many more. Ya thats why the Champagne is in play. hehehe - Strider199 For piping up - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - gadget228 
    Thank you and Happy Holidays! - KingFisher Merry x-mas and a Happy New Year Trillianne - Strider199 Happy New Year!!! - Rue Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 
    Thanks for the Rep! - steeler1 Thanks, and one for you too. - mommy1 lol - 5 steps to gift giving.  We should eat more bananas... potassium and all that. - KevinVA Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    They will also eat sinking wafers.

And I concur with Alex that they have less infants make it to maturity without live food.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    They like brine shrimp. Whenever I feed the fish with them the assassins immediately come out of the woodwork (or more precisely, wherever they are hiding) and book it around the tank looking for some. If one gets lucky it might find a shrimp in the gravel, but not much makes it that far down.

It must be the scent in the water, it sure perks them up, and I am sure they'd love to feast on some.

I haven't had any other snails in the tank for close to two years now, but the assassins find enough food to survive, bits of flake, perhaps some algae??

I too find there aren't as many younger ones - either survival issues or perhaps the breeding pretty much stops in lean times...
    Planted 37 gallon, driftwood - BN, PG, Bleeding Heart, Neon & Glowlight Tetra, Pygmy Cory, Amano shrimp