· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default boyfriend impulse bought fish.

0 Not allowed!
    So I came home yesterday and I'd asked my boyfriend to pick up some more lampeyes to make our school bigger... I was going to gradually increase my bloodfins/lampeyes over the next two weeks. I notice he got what I'd asked for, but then at the bottom of the tank I spotted [pardon the pun] three marble lyretail mollies! As far as I know, I have two males and one female. I'm concerned. They seem to be doing fine today, and they've been incessant algae eaters which is wonderful, I think it might've been a prayer accidentally answered. But, I've read that their PH tolerance is between 7-8 and they like harder water. I have driftwood, and a PH right under 7. Should I be worried? Also, is there anything in this tank that might eat them? If they're okay for the tank, I'd like to keep them... but definitely get a few more females to even out the ratio.
    5 gallon planted tank - 1 female betta and one HUGE mystery snail
    60 gallon planted community 3 marble lyretail mollies, 3 creamsicle mollies, 9 lampeye tetras, 5 bloodfin tetras, 4 black skirt tetras, 1 rubberlipped pleco, 3 peppered corys, 3 bumblebee catfish, 3 emerald green corydoras, 2 gold danios, and 2 giant danios

0 Not allowed!
    I wouldn't worry about the water conditions as they are a VERY hardy fish, they even survive salt up to full marine!

What I would warn you is they are prolific breeders so unless there is something that will eat the young you could be over run with Mollys in a pretty short time!
    Used to try and keep track of my fish here.....

Ran out of room and time!!!

Instead I'll tell you the best piece of fishkeeping equipment ever....... Algae Scrubber :)

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I have a single female platy in my 29g tank. There are ALWAYS new babies in the tank. My fish eat most of them, but there are always some that survive. If I were you I would return the female and just keep the males. It will save you a lot of frustration down the road. Also you will need a place to get rid of the babies. You will also need several tanks to grow the babies out in so that you can get rid of them (most places will not take fry). I have 10 babies growing out right now and there are more in the tank that need to be gotten rid of.
    Lots of tanks. Some tanks are planted. Fish include community and bettas.
    2 Dachshunds. Angel (Red) and Cookie (Chocolate Dapple).
    Shiny Things and Beauty the rabbits.
    RIP Princess and Max the Dachshunds, Tiger and Ping Pong the rabbits, and all the fishes from when I was a newbie.
    It is Ldoerr NOT Idoerr.
    Black kitten named Midnight that was found 10/29/12

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i have a hard time believing there will be ANY babies with these danios/tetras around. not to mention a peacock eel who loves live food. maybe i'm wrong.
    60 gallon planted community 3 marble lyretail mollies, 3 creamsicle mollies, 9 lampeye tetras, 5 bloodfin tetras, 4 black skirt tetras, 1 rubberlipped pleco, 3 peppered corys, 3 bumblebee catfish, 3 emerald green corydoras, 2 gold danios, and 2 giant danios

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I have male guppies, harlequin rasbora, and a dwarf gourami that LOVE them. If there are places to hide then babies WILL survive. Even if it is only 1 baby from each batch, you can quickly get overrun.
    Lots of tanks. Some tanks are planted. Fish include community and bettas.
    2 Dachshunds. Angel (Red) and Cookie (Chocolate Dapple).
    Shiny Things and Beauty the rabbits.
    RIP Princess and Max the Dachshunds, Tiger and Ping Pong the rabbits, and all the fishes from when I was a newbie.
    It is Ldoerr NOT Idoerr.
    Black kitten named Midnight that was found 10/29/12

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    yea with your eel and the tetras and danios you should be fine. And like stated they are hard to kill, so they will do fine in your tank. :)
    10gal Betta Tank - Skye the crowntail and Squiggles the deformed albino cory
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i'm actually really excited about them. one of the females looks pregnant already... i'm going to get a net breeder. i think if i avoid keeping *all* the babies, i'll avoid having so many of them. meanwhile, my cory female is full of eggs again, this should be an exciting month.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I will just rehome the female, or switch it to another male. Poor female will get harassed by both males and might end up dead sooner or later.

For the pH question, don't worry about it. Fish can acclimate.
    Da name's Paul. Not Dave. ROFL

Learn to give and take. That's how things should always work.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i figured out i have two females and one male... i didn't realize female lyretail mollies had the same tail shape until today.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    seems like you lucked out!

Seems like a good buy by him, the fish will be fine! I think you have the crew to eat the babies and make is challenging for them to survive, I think your fine!
    RIP Shark Bait, my Red Tail Shark :(