User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Time for an AC Gift...just because! :D - Rue   

Default What do you think

0 Not allowed!
    http://s1060.photobucket.com/albums/...3DIMG_1711.jpg

Hopefully I posted that link right..

I don't have a very big property, so I did what I could with what I had.
    Keep in mind, I'm an interior renovator, not a landscaper! lol

2 pictures are from 2 months ago, the other 2 are from last week.

Eventually the ivys in the waterfall will spread over the rocks, and everything will fill in, especially at the back.
    Was just doing some pump maintenance so the hoses are exposed.

What do you guys think, any suggestions for improvement (q)
    I'm all ears
    I now have a question mark key, a slash, and a left arrow. I still don't have patience.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For a pond in your backyard! - Pleco380   GO TIGERS!! - Crispy   Got your shortstop player right here, for your team. Blue Ram ;D - bignellm   Cheers for helping with my pics! and heres a firemouth cause I love em!! - ScottishFish   Ballpark frank anybody? - homemadepopcorn   
    Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - MLBfan   

Cool

0 Not allowed!
    I very much like the lanscaping, what is the stocking?
    American League Champions! TIGERS!

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    5 various Koi, I'll get some pics of them soon, just the UV light hasn't been turned on yet so the water isn't crystal clear.

There's about 20 or so red minnows in the 40g of water higher up.

There's also a ton of trap door snails, and a big bullfrog named Grumpy. Sometimes his name is just, " Shut the hell up you stupid frog"
    I now have a question mark key, a slash, and a left arrow. I still don't have patience.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas - AmazonJoe   Congrats on guessing the DT. - Silbar   Merry Christmas! - RiversGirl   Thanks for the Rep, and welcome back ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   

0 Not allowed!
    You did pretty good for not being a landscaper I'm impressed, looks very nice.
    When I go fishing I just throw sharp rocks in the water and wait for the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes that reason is you are stupid and make bad decisions.

I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
    Dear naps, sorry I hated you so much when I was a child... Love me

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

A cup of coffee to get you going on that build. - Strider199   Merry xmas! - ScottishFish   Merry Christmas - mommy1   Happy New Year - mommy1   Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1   

0 Not allowed!
    looks good. how deep were you able to go? is it a preformed pond?
    your friendly neighbourhood arowanaman!

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Was a preformed shell I got for free because of a big crack on the bottom a couple years ago.
    Was just under 3'6", but I cut the bottom out and extended down roughly another foot, and then lined it.

The little tree to the right of the pictures might be coming out after this season, so another extension is possible!

I also love most Coleus, and there is quite a bit around that you can't see in the picture.. Lots of funky colours, I let mom choose most of the greenery, but where it goes is all me..

Patio is almost ready for BBQs, and I expect to see most of the AC community in attendance...

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the quote - **AquaQueen**   Message for you sir! - Aeonflame   

0 Not allowed!
    That is beautifully done! What are its dimensions and estimated gallons?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday Bud. Cheers! - Strider199   Merry Xmas! Ill drink to that! - Sandz   Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime   Birthday Beer. - gadget228   Sending healing vibes to your Oscar - Silbar   
    Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Brhino   

0 Not allowed!
    looks great! How do you winter them? I'd love a koi pond, but I worry about the weather.
    300 gallon mega tank: sailfin pleco, clown loaches, silver dollars, roseline sharks, congo tetras, new world cichlids
    125 gallon office tank: Africian cichlids, synodontis catfih
    75 gallon community tank: bolivian rams, black skirt tetras, dwarf neon rainbowfish, corys, harlequin rasboras, otos, bristlenose and bulldog plecos, assassin snails, various shrimp
    60 gallon goldfish tank: fancy goldfish

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I thought about measuring dimensions... I looked at the oblong awkwardness of it, and thought, "I'm not being paid to do that". It has planter shelves and all that fun stuff.
    I've seen very similar shells saying 180g, so I'm going to say that. It took a little more than 60g to fill my extended bottom, plus a 40g shell up top. Nearing 300g with the water in the hoses and waterfall, with a 1550gph pump. (Can't beat Mastercraft quality and price, never buy pond equipment from LFS)

As for wintering, I was hesitant, until people told me they've had them survive in only 3' ponds. It's all about the gas exchange.
    I simply used a heater, a small debris pump, and a styrofoam floater and inserted a tube up through the bottom so that the water trickled down over the styrofoam. Did a big water change in the spring, and good to go.
    You would have similar winters as me down in Michigan. This past winter was verrry mild mind you, only needed the heater for a total of 2 weeks, instead of 3 months

I seldom feed them protein though, I want to keep them longer than 1 year! lol All vitamins and algae sticks

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the quote - **AquaQueen**   Message for you sir! - Aeonflame   

0 Not allowed!
    I got to the last sentence of your last post and am relieved that you understand the koi will need new homes in about 2 yrs. Do the fish a favor and help there longevity by feeding them a quality protein based food while they are young. You can't keep them long anyway so they may as well grow well why you have them.
    Fwiw I have kept pond fish in very cold winters in ponds less the 2 ft. My first pond I kept
    for 5 yrs was 150 gallons and only 18 inches deep. As you state,its about air exchange.
    Last edited by smaug; 06-06-2012 at 12:42 AM.