· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Smile Fish Compatibility?

0 Not allowed!
    Hi guys, I need a little help. do you guys know if Angelfish, platys and Ram Cichlids are compatible? or will they eat eachother?

Thanks
    If God answers your prayer, He is increasing
    your faith. If He delays, He is increasing your patience. If He doesn’t answer,
    He knows you can handle it.
    -Anonymous

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Scottishfish - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp 
    Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R 
    Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    These species can co-exist very peacefully as long as their requirements are met. What size of tank is it that you have? Their are two types of rams, bolivians and german blues, what one was it you were considering?
    My therapist says I need a bigger tank . . . . .

3. Smile

0 Not allowed!
    I just got them as gifts recently. I don't have a tank for them to all live together yet. I have them, separately, in 18 gallon tanks right now. I want to put them all together instead of 3 separate tankies.The Rams are German Blue Rams Cichlids.

I have 3 Platys, 5 Angelfishs, and 3 Rams.
    What size tank is best for this many?

Thank You
    Last edited by busycat; 06-04-2012 at 06:48 PM.
    If God answers your prayer, He is increasing
    your faith. If He delays, He is increasing your patience. If He doesn’t answer,
    He knows you can handle it.
    -Anonymous

Awards Showcase

A lovely red rose for you to enjoy ... - mermaidwannabe for the help - smaug Happy Father's Day! - Aminax awesome tank in TOTM - Lady Hobbs Good guess! - Lab_Rat 
    To match your Super speed LOL - 850R Cool contest! - Wild Turkey Great shrimp advice - Wild Turkey You have the patience of a rock - Aeonflame Happy 5th Anniversary - Aminax 
    Thanks! - Scrup hmm i dont this its the right species... but merry xmas XD - genocidex Merry Christmas! I blub you! - Aminax I love following your informative and well designed threads. I hope these loaches get huge for you! - Sandz Happy 30th birthday! - Aminax 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks for you help! Cheers! - koaladarshana Happy Birthday Bud. Cheers! - Strider199 Merry Xmas! Ill drink to that! - Sandz Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime 
    Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Brhino 

0 Not allowed!
    The main problem you're going to have are the angelfish. I've never seen anyone recommending anything smaller than a 29g tank for a single angelfish. You can't keep a group of them together. They pair up, and once one or more pairs form it'll be all out warfare in the tank as they try to stake out a territory for themselves. What a lot of people do is start out with a group of 5 or 6 young angelfish and watch for them to pair up, and then keep one pair and remove the rest. I'm not sure what the minimum recommended size for a pair of angels is... 40 or 55g probably.
    300 gallon mega tank: build in progress
    75 gallon community tank: tetras, danios, corys, platies, otos, pearl gouramis, bristlenose pleco, assassin snails, red cherry shrimp, bamboo shrimp
    70 gallon growout tank: clown loaches, sailfin pleco
    60 gallon goldfish tank: fancy goldfish
    29 gallon frog tank: 1 bullfrog
    10 gallon and 5.5 gallon betta tanks: 1 male betta each, sometimes snails

0 Not allowed!
    You need to research the fish you keep rather than get them as gifts. 18 gallons is too small for even one of them and in order to have as many as you have, you would have to have a VERY large tank to hold down the aggression. Your "gifts" need to be returned.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by busycat
    I have 3 Platys, 5 Angelfishs, and 3 Rams.
    What size tank is best for this many?
    Thank You
    Others have explained your situation to you so I will simply tell you my experience.

The short version is this: I have 4 angels in a 90g tank... I tried 5 [He needed a time out from his GF] and 5th one was beat on so severely [in 36 hours] that he later died from his injuries.

All 5 grew up together btw, It makes no difference. If you do not have enough room for everybody to get out of each others way, Somebody loses.

Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

0 Not allowed!
    Hi busycat. :) The combination works well, like stated, it's just the numbers of angels. If you can get a 30g+ tank (the bigger the better) you could keep the rams, platies and one angel -- maybe pick your favourite.

Or you could get a bigger tank, like a 70g+, keep all the angels and wait until 2 pair up and get rid of the others. Then you'll have to deal with lots of aggression when they breed though.

Unfortunately I'd probably recommend keeping only one. The good news is that if you did get a 30-40g and keep 1 angel and all the platies and rams, you'd have room for some other fish, like a school of [larger] tetras that you like and some cories or kuhli loaches. :)

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Actually.
    If you were able to sex the angelfish or had someone sell you sexed angelfish you could keep a group of bachelor males together. Without the ladies the boys actually can live quite harmoniously. No hormones or anyone telling them to clean up all of the time.

0 Not allowed!
    True except you can't sex them until they are mature. And her tank is too small to get them to mature.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    You actually can keep angels in groups but for the most part we just say you can't for practicality reasons. A group would need a lot of fish and allot of space, like 16+ fish and 200+ gallons. They actually live in schools in the wild. So to answer your question directly you need a 200g tank lol. Like the others I say just keep one, they are happy alone they don't get lonely.