· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default additional filter in my tank

0 Not allowed!
    Hi,
    Can someone give me some advice regarding to how much filtering is enough for a 260 l goldfish tank?
    I have a juwel vision 260 running with an eheim professional 3 2075 canister filter at full speed (1,250 l / h) and the juwel internal filter one upgraded to do 1500 l/h (giving a total of 2750 l/h). At some point I was worried about the strong current, but now I turned the spray bar towards the back wall of the tank and the current got considerably decreased.
    I have two red cap oranda (6cm and 4cm), one moor panda (3-4 cm), one and 3 lionheads.
    As I have been reading everywhere that goldfish produce huge amounts of waste (ammonium), I am wondering if it will be fine/better if I put an additional eheim professional 3 2075 canister filter on my tank. Can someone tell me if it is going to actually be way too much or if it is fine?

By the way, this new tank has gone through the cycling very fast and nice. I almost didn’t have ammonium or nitrites during this time (mostly 0 except for one day that I got 0.09mg/l of ammonium). The nitrates on the other hand appeared quite fast and have been increasing from 0 to 5 to 10 to 25mg/l and it has been like that for teh last days. All the fish are looking fine and healthy.
    I have been doing 30% water changes every other day during the cycling time, but I am expecting to do this only once a week once that the biofilter/bacteria get stronger and very well stablished on my tank.

Thanks a lot for your opinion and help,

IMMM
    IMMM

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    HI,
    I would appreciate very much some help here regarding to the filtering...
    can someone give me some advice please?
    IMMM

0 Not allowed!
    You can not go wrong by adding a second cannister filter. another eheim would also be a good choice

You might have some problems down the road with that many goldfish in a ~70 gallon tank. The three loinheads you have can get as big as 10 inches, the red cap about 7 inches, and the black moor about 8 inches as well. That's 5 very big fish all in a tank that is a little smaller than 70 gallons
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    hi Cliff,

thanks for your reply and the info. I just wonder, if I add the second eheim, wouldnt the total current generated by the 3 power filters be too much stress for the goldfish? What do you think?
    I know that this tank is probably too small for this fish, but for the moment I do not have more space for a bigger tank. Originally, and for some months, they where in a 12 gallon tank because thats what the guy of my LFS told me to do. I hope that in the near future I can get a sump tank to increase the water volume.
    IMMM