· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I use seachem flourish liquid ferts and I have fluval plant substrate on one side of the tank where the majority of the wisteria is, but it doesn't seem to help.
    38 Gallon Tank
    3 Platys (1M+2F)
    14 Harlequin Rasbora
    2 Golden Algae Eaters
    3 Kribensis

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry, Lost track of this thread.

I use seachem flourish [comprehensive] also and like it.

I am wondering if your high ph is an issue, Wisteria is tough but.. Not sure.

Why you have ammonia readings if your tank is cycled?

How long have these been in the tank?
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMcKenna
    You have troubles growing the same 2 plants? What size tank? What kind of lighting do you have?
    37g, and gosh tbh lighting stuff confuses me :s I can't find anything saying the wattage of my lights
    "Can ye fathom the ocean, dark and deep, where the mighty waves and the grandeur sweep?" - Fanny Crosby

0 Not allowed!
    It should be right on the bulb.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    My tank is still cycling cause I upgraded about 3 weeks ago... I'm thinking its my lighting and also thought maybe it was my pH but I'm still puzzled.
    38 Gallon Tank
    3 Platys (1M+2F)
    14 Harlequin Rasbora
    2 Golden Algae Eaters
    3 Kribensis

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I just pulled the plant out to float for mayeb a week or 2. I figure if it's a lighting issue then this will make a difference, but when I pulled the plant out I noticed the stem is rotted! so maybe thats why it's not growing so well?

Note that that one was in my plant substrate
    38 Gallon Tank
    3 Platys (1M+2F)
    14 Harlequin Rasbora
    2 Golden Algae Eaters
    3 Kribensis

0 Not allowed!
    Trim off the rotted part. It should grow masses of roots while floating, Then you can replant it.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Alright done, I cut it with scicors this time rather than snapping it, I think that will be better for the plant
    38 Gallon Tank
    3 Platys (1M+2F)
    14 Harlequin Rasbora
    2 Golden Algae Eaters
    3 Kribensis

0 Not allowed!
    I don't have the best growing wisteria but it does okay in 2 foot tall tank with standard 40w florescent tube that came with tank.
    Looking at the shape of the leaves the plant has grown under good light so it could be that it is adjusting. The leaves differ in shape depending on the lighting quantity.
    If you have very good lighting could it be that CO2 is lacking. Although I don't have c02 setup and the wisteria does better in the winter months when sunlight strikes it from the low angle of the sun for short periods of time.

As for the post in this thread on java fern. Again, my java fern does okay, when planted in the gravel substrate, despite what others say about this. It also does fairly well when cut adrift and grows nicely while pressed against the filter intake filter. Again it benefits from a strike of sunlight in the winter. The tank also gets a lot of ambient light.

The only other plant I have tried and have trouble with is the annubias nana. For a low light plant it requires an awful lot of light.
    Mucky

Unusually I have nothing more to add...

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Well my tank is 19 inches high I think and I only have a 17w t8 fluorescent tube. I also just went out a picked up and anubius nana and 2 amazon swords, hopefully they do better than my wisteria is right now. Also contemplating switching over to a dirted tank (which I hear is inexpensive and easy to do) I sometimes have my blinds open so that they get natural sunlight though and it doesn't seem to make a difference
    38 Gallon Tank
    3 Platys (1M+2F)
    14 Harlequin Rasbora
    2 Golden Algae Eaters
    3 Kribensis