· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default LED emitted angle

0 Not allowed!
    At present, led emitted angle usually is 60, 90 120 optional, most products are 120, but some professional said 90 will be better, I have no idea that 60 90 and 120 which one is prefered?

2. Default led emitted angle for aquarium reef tank light

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry, just forget to mention: if these leds are used Aquarium reef tank light, so which angle will be best choice, 60, 90 or 120?

0 Not allowed!
    I've got AI SOL LED lighting on my reef tank with 3 watt LEDs made by Cree. They have a combination of 40 and 70 degree lenses. I would think a combination with be better to concentrate the light under the fixture as well as spreading the light out. I'm really impressed and happy with them as they have a better quality of light as compaired to the other LEDs I had a change to see in operation.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by amirfield
    At present, led emitted angle usually is 60, 90 120 optional, most products are 120, but some professional said 90 will be better, I have no idea that 60 90 and 120 which one is prefered?
    It depends on the height above the substrate, and if you have a fish tank or a planted tank. For planted, you want the "cones" of light to cover the top of the plants. That means you'll have some light spilling out of the tank at the substrate level. For a fish tank, you can narrow the cone of light using optics and keep all the light inside the tank. That leaves some areas near the top unlit, but can make the tank more of a focal point.

Here is a good discussion thread
    http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/li...led-light.html

My next purchase of emitters is going to include three sets of optics so I can try them on the same panel and see the difference on my tank.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    60-80 is usually good. Most don't hang the fixure more than a foot above the water anyways.
    And, those are focusing lenses in degrees they are referring to.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for all replys, that sounds from 40-80 will be a good choice, right?

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by amirfield
    Thanks for all replys, that sounds from 40-80 will be a good choice, right?
    Optics aren't expensive. Order a set of each and report back to us, please. You may find you want wider optics in the center and narrow on the sides.

Some people use a really narrow optic to concentrate light on a specific coral.

0 Not allowed!
    give me 5 mins I'll find something really interesting for you..... lets just say it'll make your decision easy!
    Used to try and keep track of my fish here.....

Ran out of room and time!!!

Instead I'll tell you the best piece of fishkeeping equipment ever....... Algae Scrubber :)

0 Not allowed!
    It's rather easy. If you think of a line that runs perpendicular to the diode as being straight down. A 60 degree spread spreads out 30 degrees either side of that line, while 120 spreads out 60 degrees either side of that line. The lower the angle of the optic, the more focused the light will be.
    Considering a Marine Aquarium? A Breakdown of the Components, Live Rock, Cycling a Marine Tank

"The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice." - Unknown

0 Not allowed!
    http://www.ultimatereef.net/forums/s...ghlight=lenses

I'm defo going with 60 deg lenses after that lol
    Used to try and keep track of my fish here.....

Ran out of room and time!!!

Instead I'll tell you the best piece of fishkeeping equipment ever....... Algae Scrubber :)