· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: which test kit?

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default which test kit?

0 Not allowed!
    ive been looking at test kits more so the nutrafin mini master kit, can the ac recomend this or am i better with larger separate tests and will ammonia,nitrate,nitrite,ph tests be sufficient as they are similar in price to the mini kit, i read dipsticks are not as accurate,i plan on ordering tommorow,

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the tank list, will make my life much easier, cheers! - FinalJenemba   Nailed it! - FinalJenemba   I wanted my favorite drink! - BigPoppa   My new Albino Plecos they are AWSOME! - BigPoppa   Another favorite drink! - BigPoppa   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - BigPoppa   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - BigPoppa   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - BigPoppa   Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - BigPoppa   Gay and Lesbian Pride - BigPoppa   

0 Not allowed!
    The API Master Test Kit is pretty nice and its available for Freshwater or saltwater.

Tests include: freshwater pH, ammonia, nitrite, high range pH, GH & KH, 4 test tubes, tray.

$20 at Amazon and best place to order IMO

http://www.amazon.com/API-FRESHWATER...7278272&sr=8-1
    Last edited by BigPoppa; 05-17-2012 at 06:13 PM.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thumbs up

0 Not allowed!
    thanks for the tip bigpoppa il check it out

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You needed one! - korith   There ya go - Fisharefriends27   Merry Christmas - Northernguy   I love my Harlequins! Thanks for the suggestion :) - kurly   

0 Not allowed!
    I use the API master freshwater test kit. It comes with tests for pH, high range pH, Ammonia, Nitrite, and Nitrate. I got mine off of amazon for half the price they sell it at Petco for. Most of us on here use and recommend the API master freshwater test kit.
    Lots of tanks. Some tanks are planted. Fish include community and bettas.
    2 Dachshunds. Angel (Red) and Cookie (Chocolate Dapple).
    Shiny Things and Beauty the rabbits.
    RIP Princess and Max the Dachshunds, Tiger and Ping Pong the rabbits, and all the fishes from when I was a newbie.
    It is Ldoerr NOT Idoerr.
    Black kitten named Midnight that was found 10/29/12

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   

0 Not allowed!
    Ditto for API Master test kit. It includes all of the tests mentioned above. If you want additional tests, such as for KH or GH, Phosphate or Copper, you'll have to purchase separate individual API kits just for those. But for your main parameters, the Master kit is all-inclusive.

-- mermaidwannabe
    20 gal. high: planted; 5 white cloud minnows, 4 golden White Clouds, several RCS, 2 blue shrimp, 5 Amano shrimp, several snails; Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 6 rosy barbs, 6 yellow glofish, 3 red glofish, 3 zebra danios, 5 white cloud minnows, 3 dojo loaches, 6 crimson spot rainbow fish, 12 large Amano Shrimp, several snails; AC110.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    hi folks the nutrafin was on a site i use and the misses has gone n ordered the nutrafin imagine my horror when she told me as i read your threads! ive lost 5 fish since adding internal fluvalu4 5days ago 2 my 130ltr with 55olph ovoerhead trickle hoping 2 clear my water,tanks been running 10weeks i changed to sand 4 weeks ago and added more fish,problems since,lost 2 apple snails aswell,ive been wc frequently dont want more dead fish,il upgrade l8er and give my son the other,

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Hi I am using a Nutrafin mini test kit and I am pretty hapy with it it does everything I want. I only am running a fresh water setup, but it works well. I have some of the API test kits as well and they too also work well. As for your filter I would recomend a external canister filter they work very well. The external canister filters are a little more expensive but are worth the cost. I am running a fluval 205 on my 45 gallon cichlid tank which is 180 litres. It works well, but with cichlids I am looking at getting the next larger filter because mine it operating at full capacity. For your 130 litre tank it would be fine. Or you can get an Eheim classic external canister filter and that would work well.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    hi its good 2 hear that nutrafins ok i was looking at canasters but 2 pricey i think i saw 8obucks for the 2o5 and my fluvalu4 was 35 my budget forced my hand im new to aquariums and i will upgrade when i learn a lot more about the hobby,,wish i had done my homework an joined the ac when i was looking at tanks,cant wait for test kit so i can c my perameters as im loosing fish, not lost fish for 2days hopefully a good sign,should i do a large wc today and test tomorrow thanks for the reply much appreciated,

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome back! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Until you are able to test your water, I would do a large WC at least every other day because you don't know what your ammonia reading is right now or how high your nitrates might be.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    The nitrates are not as bad as nitrites, when you get your test kit you don't want to have any reading of ammonia or nitrites. You will always have a reading of nitrates. But continue your water changes so you dont lose any more fish.