· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Have you tested your parameters either before or after the tank crash ?

Ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, PH, Cal, dKH, and Mag ?
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    If you take the steps I recomended there will be nothing left to be toxic. It was the build up of nutrients in the rocks and sand that allowed the bacterial bloom to happen so quickly and fatally. Start over,with a regular reef ready tank with equipment that is usable. Dont go back to what failed.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishkeeper
    Ammonia and nitrites 0, nitrates about 7.5. My phosphates test kit expired last month, and I've been too busy with school to get a new one. How can I clean the tank? The Biocube filter is very hard to clean, and it's built into the tank.
    Yeah she did Cliff.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    What's the best way to painlessly kill the bristleworms and other critters before trashing the stuff? Call me a softie, but I don't want them to suffer.
    I hate hearing people say "it's only a $3/$5/$1 fish/shrimp, so it's ok if it dies, I can just get another." It's still an animal! All animals should be treated like they're worth $10,000.
    29 sw: Damsel, shrimpgoby, pistol shrimp, waspfish
    65 fw: Rummies, glowlight tetras, pencilfish, darters, ottos, f betta, goby, dwarf gourami, ninjas
    29 fw: Chili rasboras, pygmy cories, P. Gertrudae

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Ice water.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    No, that works for lizards. Bristleworms and fish don't hibernate, and it hurts them if you kill them that way, because it causes ice crystals to form inside their bodies. Would clove oil work?
    I hate hearing people say "it's only a $3/$5/$1 fish/shrimp, so it's ok if it dies, I can just get another." It's still an animal! All animals should be treated like they're worth $10,000.
    65 fw: Rummies, glowlight tetras, pencilfish, darters, ottos, f betta, goby, dwarf gourami, ninjas

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Really?

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah. The reason freezing is the best way to kill a lizard, is their bodies automatically slow down when it gets too cold, making them go into hibernation, then they slow down so much their heartbeat stops.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Ice crystals do not form in any body unless the temp is sub freezing. In icewater the temp is somewhat about freezing. Yes fish go into a hibernation when the water gets too cold. All ice water does is stop the functioning of there bodies,death is near instant,especially in small bodied creatures.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Okay, good to know. I'm guessing I can just dump some ice in the tank?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast