· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Thread: Fin rot

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

for being a champion =D - Full3R   you need a tang! - cocoa_pleco   

Default Fin rot

0 Not allowed!
    Well, I came home tonight and the webbing in between the "spikes" of part of Courtier's bottom fin was missing...making it look like part of the bottom fin was a couple of hairs.

He'd had a small hole in that fin for over week, but it wasn't getting bigger or smaller.

I had some leftover Tri-Sulfa, so I put a dose in...
    for Tri-Sulfa, see http://www.aristopet.com.au/Library/...pha%20INFO.pdf

I hope all will go well...

Any other help would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by Nick_Pavlovski; 09-05-2007 at 12:25 PM.
    Currently: Spotted Blue-eyes, two species of Australian shrimp, Ornate Rainbowfish, Guppies, Corydoras, goldfish.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

god im hungry - cocoa_pleco   You make me laugh! - Drumachine09   And lots of pizza too! lol - Chrona   wish i had some of this to drink right now - cocoa_pleco   DAAAAAM, this drink looks good - cocoa_pleco   
    Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - cocoa_pleco   Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - cocoa_pleco   Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - cocoa_pleco   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - cocoa_pleco   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - cocoa_pleco   

0 Not allowed!
    just keep the water really clean. that way the bacteria that cause the rot cant survive

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I'm doing weekly 25% changes - might do them twice a week instead.
    The Panda Corys are unaffected.
    Currently: Spotted Blue-eyes, two species of Australian shrimp, Ornate Rainbowfish, Guppies, Corydoras, goldfish.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Mothers Day! - Drumachine09   Here's a little something for standing up and doing what you think is right! - RobbieG   Congrats On Your New Addition! :) - MeganL3985   for stuff! - Nick_Pavlovski   TOTM 2nd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Nick_Pavlovski   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SkarloeysMom   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Pavlovski
    I'm doing weekly 25% changes - might do them twice a week instead.
    The Panda Corys are unaffected.
    You might want to change out more water, like 50% twice a week. You really need to keep the water really clean when they have fin rot. If you don't see signs of regrowth pretty quick with the meds you're using you might try Maracyn-2 or Jungle Fungus Clear. I used both of those on Skarloey when he had fin rot. Couldn't tell you which one cured the fin rot but one of them did.
    My tank:
    20g long - 8 Trigonostigma heteromorpha, 2 Corydoras brevirostris, 2 Corydoras agassizii, 1 Corydoras trilineatus named Julian

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need gifts - Lady Hobbs   And another - Lady Hobbs   What he had up his --- - Chrona   No, serioulsy. EVERYONE KICK HIM! - Drumachine09   RAK - DemonShark   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - gm72   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - gm72   

0 Not allowed!
    Be cautious using meds with corys, they are more sensitive than other fish.
    8 tanks running now:
    1x 220 gallon, 2x55 gallon, 1x40 gallon long, 1x29 gallon, 1x20 gallon long, 1x5.5 gallon, 1x2 gallon
    Gouramis, barbs, rasboras, plecos, corys, tetras, fancy guppies, swordtails, ottos, rainbow shark, upside-down catfish, snails, and Max and Sparkles the bettas.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Member of the month, a toast is in order. - Strider199   Sorry about your blood parrot :-( - ~firefly~   For this; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=111325 - Strider199   :-) - ~firefly~   Happy mother's day! Enjoy one on me LOL - imma24   
    Childhood Cancer - hobbs   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hobbs   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Lady Hobbs   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Lady Hobbs   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SkarloeysMom
    You might want to change out more water, like 50% twice a week. You really need to keep the water really clean when they have fin rot. If you don't see signs of regrowth pretty quick with the meds you're using you might try Maracyn-2 or Jungle Fungus Clear. I used both of those on Skarloey when he had fin rot. Couldn't tell you which one cured the fin rot but one of them did.
    I agree with SkarloeysMom. 25% water changes are really nothing very beneficial so instead of doing two unbeneficial water changes why not do one that really matters.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    OK, I can do one tomorrow evening and probably another one monday-tuesday, at about 40%.

Oh, and yes, I'm keeping a good eye on the Corys.
    Last edited by gm72; 09-06-2007 at 11:19 PM. Reason: 2 posts in a row

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    He's still cheerful and busy, which is a good thing. Another water change tomorrow.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need gifts - Lady Hobbs   And another - Lady Hobbs   What he had up his --- - Chrona   No, serioulsy. EVERYONE KICK HIM! - Drumachine09   RAK - DemonShark   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - gm72   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - gm72   

0 Not allowed!
    Keep up the good work, sounds like you are on the right track!
    8 tanks running now:
    1x 220 gallon, 2x55 gallon, 1x40 gallon long, 1x29 gallon, 1x20 gallon long, 1x5.5 gallon, 1x2 gallon
    Gouramis, barbs, rasboras, plecos, corys, tetras, fancy guppies, swordtails, ottos, rainbow shark, upside-down catfish, snails, and Max and Sparkles the bettas.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    A little bit of fin is growing back.

Gonna do a couple more more water changes over the next 4 days, then go back to normal weekly changes.