· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Talking 55 gallon aquarium stocking

0 Not allowed!
    I have had a my 55 gallon tank for about 9 months now and the fish i have in there already are 6 zebra danios, 4 red eye tetras, 2 dwarf gouramis, 2 turquoise rainbows, 2 false juli corys, 1 pleco, and 1 striped raphael. i have no problems with the tank and the water levels are good. I would like to get some more fish, but not sure what to get any ideas? and would the following fit in this tank, angelfish, clown loach, or a cichilid of some type?

I would appreciate any opinions.

0 Not allowed!
    your schools are laughably low- before you add anything you should up the schools to ten+, probably getting rid of one in the process.
    I don't know what a raphael is.
    2 gouramis usually mean trouble, but I keep forgetting things about gouramis.
    raimbows, danios, tetras, cories all schooling fish.
    Its Phillip, not Origami.
    Join the 10+ club

Clicky!
    http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=184368
    ^Read

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Scottishfish - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp 
    Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R 
    Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah I would advise upping your schools to 10+, but rehome 1 school, probably the rainbows, they sometimes get big. Rehome a gourami, and identify your pleco, some grow huge 24"+. Also get 6+ corys.

I don't know what a raphael is, but if you rehomed the gourami you could maybe get a bolivian ram or something.

Clown loaches grow to 12-14" and also need to be kept in schools, so they are a no go for a 55G
    My therapist says I need a bigger tank . . . . .

0 Not allowed!
    Striped Raphael is a Catfish:
    Google Results Striped Raphael

I agree your schools are low. You could easily boost two of them up to 10 at least. I would also advise against angelfish and clown loaches. Clown's get up to a foot and need schools. You wouldn't be able to handle a school. Angels are finicky and without knowing everything about your tank set up, I cannot recommend. A single species of Dwarf South American Cichild might be possible if the Raphael isn't aggressive. I see it grows to 5", so would be cautious.

For Cichild, if given the proper consideration and care, possibly Kribs, Rams, or Curviceps (Dwarf Flag Cichild).

For Loaches, YoYo's and other <6" varieties would be better.