· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Thread: Feeding

1. Default Feeding

0 Not allowed!
    A question real quick, how often do you feed your fish. I have heard one time a day, two times a day, or even one time every other day. There is a fish tank at my work that was a total wreck. I went to the lfs and talked to them and they all said feed every other day, it helped clear the tank up quite a bit along with the water changes and now i am wondering if i should do that with my tank not saying it is nasty but its not how i want it. Any advice would be great.

Tank is a 29 gallon with 4 zebra danios, 2 dalmatian mollies and 1 cory cat.

Looking at getting a pleco tomorrow because there is a little bit of algae starting to form i have had the tank for almost 2 months now.

Thanks again for the future info

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    First of all, danios and corys are schooling species, you should have at least minimum of 6 each (same) specie.

2nd, every other day is fine, but i think at least once a day is better, and only feed them what they can eat in 1-2 minutes.

Third, if you know how to sex mollies, you should have 1m and 2 females if going for mixed gender. 2 is fine if they're both the same gender.

And last, you should not get a fish for you to clean the tank. If you really want to have this tank then try to at least maintain it.
    Da name's Paul. Not Dave. ROFL

Learn to give and take. That's how things should always work.

0 Not allowed!
    If you're going to go out and get another fish get more cories. That one all by itself is probably really miserable, even if it "seems" happy to you.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Im not looking at getting a fish to keep the tank clean for me i do the water changes, its just a little bit of help i think to have one. And i will look at getting more corys then to and also another molly i dont know how to sex them though.

0 Not allowed!
    An algae scraper or soapless scouring pad will help remove algae from the glass during water changes. Getting a pleco will add unnecessarily to your bioload. Instead, get some companions for your schooling fish. They'll feel a lot more secure around their own kind.

-- mermaidwannabe
    20 gal. high: planted; 8 white cloud minnows, 10 RCS, 2 blue shrimp, several snails; AC50, Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 7 rosy barbs, 6 glofish,, 2 zebra danios, 6 rosy red (fathead) minnows, 3 dojo loaches, several snails; AC110 x 2.