· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Maroon Clown Fish Pairing?

0 Not allowed!
    I've read a few articles about introducing maroon clowns together were the female is already in the tank and the male is placed in a critter keeper and sank into the tank for a few weeks so they can get used to each other before induction in the tank with the female. Many people say that this works well. My ? is I have a small normal maroon clown and wanted to pair him with a larger Gold Banded Maroon. Do you think the process would work if she was put in a large critter keeper and sank in the tank so they could see each.....????

Any info would be great.
    Thanks
    Dave

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime 
    Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R 
    Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 Thanks! - pRED 

0 Not allowed!
    I don't keep SW so can't help, but saw it was your first post so welcome to the AC
    My therapist says I need a bigger tank . . . . .

0 Not allowed!
    I have never kept maroon clowns, but I done something similar with a black ocellaris clown fish.

We had lost one of two clown fish almost a year ago. We waited until the remaining clown fish was almost fully grown then we got a second clown, one that very young and a lot smaller than our current one. The larger existing clown fish assumed the dominate female role while the new little guy submitted to her right from the start. It worked perfectly for my clown fish

If you try ad another clown fish that is the same size, you will get some aggression as they try to determine who will become the dominate female no matter how you introduce them. Its a good thing your already planning to add a smaller fish to aviod all of that.

I would say your plan should work, but I'm not 100% sure as I have never kept maroons and I have read they can get very aggressive.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    please keep us posted on what you plan on doing. im going to attpwmt this with my maroon clown...
    10G Algae tank-The Nano was moved to the 55G
    55G Reef-
    55G FOWLR-soon
    55G Coral only-soon
    150G-reef/ fowlr? Soon
    75G predator tanksoon

DIY live rock

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Tried again today to add the female to the tank, after about 2 hours of her chasing the male I put her back in the keeper. This is the 3rd time I have introduced her to the main tank and each time I allow them to stay together a little longer. She is not as bad as the 1st time but I can tell this is going to take a long time to pair them up.....

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Why not just leave them together and get it over with in a 24 hour period, I think that they will always chase and bash each other when they first get together every time u introduce them

I will be getting my new maroon clown when I move and when I take my damsel out of the tank
    10G Algae tank-The Nano was moved to the 55G
    55G Reef-
    55G FOWLR-soon
    55G Coral only-soon
    150G-reef/ fowlr? Soon
    75G predator tanksoon

DIY live rock

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I'm not taking any chances with my male (he is a real looker). I tried to pair maroons years ago and the female killed the males during the night. The female I have now is slowly getting used to the male. I figure in another few weeks they should be paired.
    Dave