· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks for the tank list, will make my life much easier, cheers! - FinalJenemba Nailed it! - FinalJenemba I wanted my favorite drink! - BigPoppa My new Albino Plecos they are AWSOME! - BigPoppa Another favorite drink! - BigPoppa 
    Because it is the mutations - MLBfan 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - BigPoppa World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - BigPoppa Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - BigPoppa Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - BigPoppa Gay and Lesbian Pride - BigPoppa 
    HIV/AIDS - BigPoppa Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - BigPoppa Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - BigPoppa 

0 Not allowed!
    Could this be from the Stability or the Prime?

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    just a thought, how old is the test kit, and has it been exposed to sunlight or temperature somewhere, if that reading is true its a drastic ph change in a very short time, which you would think would severely affect your fish

Thanks for the tank list, will make my life much easier, cheers! - FinalJenemba Nailed it! - FinalJenemba I wanted my favorite drink! - BigPoppa My new Albino Plecos they are AWSOME! - BigPoppa Another favorite drink! - BigPoppa 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - BigPoppa World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - BigPoppa Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - BigPoppa Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - BigPoppa Gay and Lesbian Pride - BigPoppa 
    HIV/AIDS - BigPoppa Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - BigPoppa Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - BigPoppa 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Bissett
    just a thought, how old is the test kit, and has it been exposed to sunlight or temperature somewhere, if that reading is true its a drastic ph change in a very short time, which you would think would severely affect your fish
    The test kit is new I just bought it Monday.

Should I do a 50% water change?

0 Not allowed!
    Your pH may be giving you strange readings due to the bacteria booster you've added. I've seen that in here before. I'm not sure as the booster changes the pH or alters the proper reading.

0 Not allowed!
    Got up today and tested water and Ph is still 6.0 or maybe less.

Did a 50% water change and it brought it up to 6.2

Should I wait a few hours and do a 50% change again to try to get it closer to 7.0?

Fish look good and seem fine.

0 Not allowed!
    It wouldn't hurt anything to do a water change. The fish will probably benefit from a water change. But as long as their behavior is normal, they're not flashing, or going to the surface and gasping for air, I wouldn't try to mess with the pH. You may do more damage than good. Let your tank and filter season and just keep an eye out for abnormal behavior or other signs of stress.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPoppa
    Got up today and tested water and Ph is still 6.0 or maybe less.

Did a 50% water change and it brought it up to 6.2

Should I wait a few hours and do a 50% change again to try to get it closer to 7.0?

Fish look good and seem fine.
    When in doubt, do a water change.

"This ain't rocket science!"