· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Thread: Congos?

1. Default Congos?

0 Not allowed!
    I just want to know if these are real congo tetras. As I searched the net and the congo tetras i see are a little whitish than what i have.

Da name's Paul. Not Dave. ROFL

Learn to give and take. That's how things should always work.

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, they are congo tetras.

Liters to Gallons conversion calculator

"Keeping fish for any period of time doesn't make you experienced if you're doing it wrong. What does, is acknowledging those mistakes and learning from them." ~Aeonflame
    "
    your argument is invalid." ~Mommy1

0 Not allowed!
    +1 to the above

1/2 of the school that I currently have look exactly like thos pics. They are just younger congos that have not colored up yet
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Oh, that's why. How many months/years you think before they do color up? I was just confused if they are or not congos. xD

0 Not allowed!
    When I got the last additions to the school, they all looked like the two in the bottom two pictures. After 5 months they are now starting to color up a little. They are now looking a little more colorful than the one in the top pic

I don't know how old they were when I got them

I hope this helps a little
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I guess mine are just a little too young to color up. Thanks Cliff! Mine are only 3 months old in my tank, so maybe wait a little more longer.

0 Not allowed!
    I had this issue in my tank. I bought some that looked exactly like that thinking they were young and had yet to develop their colours but I took them into the aquarium and they said they're all females and won't colour up much more than that, apart from getting a nice greenish-silver sheen on them. The ones they had there were about 4cm long and already had their male colours coming in and their fins growing long. Yours look like females to me.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Well, its fine with me if they're females. I am still giving them time to color up if they will. Just wanted to know if they were real congos or not.

But yes, I think they are still young because they were half that size (or maybe not even) when I bought them 4 months ago.

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, I have half-and-half at the moment and the females are still really pretty. Pretty green sheen on them, especially when they're in with real plants, I find it makes them look even brighter.