· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Beginner/somewhat cloudy water.

0 Not allowed!
    Hello all! For starters i am a complete newb at all of this. First post to ANY blog and first fishtank of any kind. So growing up i watched my dad successfully run many many fish tanks and finally decided that now is the time for me to follow in his footsteps. So i recently purchased a used 45 USgal tank with everything included except substrate and fish. I cleaned everything with just tap water to the best of my ability. I then set everything up and filled the tank with water and used Prime dechlorinator. Everything seems to be working properly and the tank was looking amazing. I decided i was going to try cycling with fish. I let the tank sit over a weekend before adding any fish. I took a water sample to my local Petco and they did a water test for me and said my levels were all really good. So i bought 3 leapard danios to start the cycling process. The next day my water was a bit cloudy. I was just wondering if this is normal and/or maybe some advice on how to get rid of this? Thanks all.

0 Not allowed!
    Sounds like a bacteria bloom which is normal when cycling a tank and will go away on it's own

There is a really good thread here that explains how to cycle your tank with fish (just in case you have not found that yet). There's a link to it below in my sig.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL=""]

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I can't say for sure what the cloudiness is. However, I would suggest getting your own liquid (not test trip) test kit if you are just now cycling your tank. Also, someone might know better, but 3 leopard danios (esp if not full0grown) might not offer enough bioload to effectively start your cycle.
    The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Cliff, thanks for the advice. And i've read through taht cycling with fish thread and found it very helpful! Thank you!