· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Thread: swordtails

1. Default swordtails

0 Not allowed!
    so i have a pair of lemon sword tails they are orange and yellow. was wondering what others are out there with other colors, preferably bright.

my local jacks store doesn't really get many in besides the lemons, and the other ones aren't bright they are kinda cleary and brown, but another fish store a bit further away, will order if i know what i want.

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime 
    Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R 
    Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 Thanks! - pRED 

0 Not allowed!
    I've seen : yellowy, fire red, brown/green, and the nicest of them all has to be the blue/black swords
    My therapist says I need a bigger tank . . . . .

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I saw some koi swords that were pretty. oranges, yellows, and white. Our store sells them for $8 each though.

0 Not allowed!
    Got some Mystic Blues, Lyretails, Mountains and one ugly--very ugly Neon sword. As well as this, I have a Red Wag Sword growing up in a seperate tank, that a lyretail gave birth to, prior to dying.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i saw the name neon swordtail before. but looking them up for a picture the colors don't seem very neon, >.> any reason for that?

0 Not allowed!
    Well, Neon is just a term added to these inbreeds, such as swordtail. However the Neon Glofish are genetically engineered in a lab.

Genetically tinkered Neon colored Glo Fish

My Neon is an ugly fish, suffering from a fish version of "Gigantism". She's a Redish hue with grey underside. But from the male perspective, they won't go near her. She's never been preggy, ever. It's the same with a Red Platy I have.

This is a male version of what I have.

And another version of Neon.

0 Not allowed!
    And then there's plain ole' inbreed Neon Tetra:

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    yeah when i saw neon i was thinking it would have colors like the neon tetra (blue and red), but pics online i found they just had small light brown green and orange stripes. they weren't even bright.

0 Not allowed!
    Natural coloration of swords is more of a greenish hue, with speckles. Most live bearers are inbreed to get those colorations. In the wild, those colors are a big eat me; neon sign flashing.

Good thing we keep em alive