· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Oscar and shark catfish

0 Not allowed!
    Hello,
    Oscar and another self America cichlids can live with Iridescent Shark Catfish?

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    How big is the tank and what are the other cichlids?

0 Not allowed!
    What sized tank? FYI - Oscars can get over 12" long and Iridescent sharks get more than two, Three or Four times that.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    The tank are 850 liter's

0 Not allowed!
    And the filtration is...?

A 225G tank is a nice size but considering balas are more comfortable with their own kind for company [and can be skittish without] I still don't think it's enough tank for 5 or 6 adult Balas.

They could certainly grow on for a while in there but then you are left with the problem of where to get rid of some Large Balas which is not easy.

An Oscar would be fine obviously in that tank and you have plenty of room to consider other stocking options.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Your tank is about 1/3 the size needed to raise an iridescent to full adulthood. With that said it would out grow your tank in 3 to 4 years and end up killing itself when it spooks and slams into the tank wall... possibly breaking the glass. But yes, in the proper housing, an oscar and an iridescent would co-exist, although some south american cichlids may be too aggressive with the peaceful shark (jack dempsey, for instance).

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Are we talking iridescent sharks or bala sharks???

Red face

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by cuckoochews
    Are we talking iridescent sharks or bala sharks???
    NOT balas - My bad in my previous post here. I got my "too large for your tank in almost all circumstances type sharks" mixed up

Good catch cuckoochews & my apologies for the mistake there.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Ha! Thats a good one, 850! Ya know, it's not a bad idea to create a "sticky" w/ your list and put it up here, lol!

Lightbulb Red is way ahead of us...

0 Not allowed!
    Lol --> Already done.