· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

0 Not allowed!
    Agree. 11 species of fish is a lot. Not the amount of fish but so many different species. I think you would have liked it better if you had 2 or 3 large schools + your parrot for your centerpiece fish. Although I personally would have had more blood parrots and a large school of tetra's. (I can't help it. I love blood parrots.) They are wonderful together and form a very close bond with no worries of them breeding.

And now I have taken this thread off course. Sorry
    Last edited by Lady Hobbs; 05-01-2012 at 09:46 AM.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    In regard to your numbers, regardless of what schools you finish up with, if you're keeping an eye on your water parameters with a good test kit, that will dictate the frequency and quantity of your water changes

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Bissett
    In regard to your numbers, regardless of what schools you finish up with, if you're keeping an eye on your water parameters with a good test kit, that will dictate the frequency and quantity of your water changes
    I don't want to take space asking questions that have asalready been answered somewhere,but is there a good guide on how to do this somewhere? What kind of test kit should i buy?

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by vgupman
    I don't want to take space asking questions that have asalready been answered somewhere,but is there a good guide on how to do this somewhere? What kind of test kit should i buy?
    API Fresh Water Master Test Kit (http://www.amazon.com/API-FRESHWATER.../dp/B000255NCI)

0 Not allowed!
    If you don't have a test kit, how do you know your tank is cycled..?
    I recommend to get out a lot of your "schools" except 3 and up the numbers on them.
    Its Phillip, not Origami.
    Join the 10+ club

Clicky!
    http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=184368
    ^Read

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillipOrigami
    If you don't have a test kit, how do you know your tank is cycled..?.
    I've been bringing water samples to my local fish store.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Just wanted to say thank you for everyone who has replied and helped me out. Hopefully, as I start to learn more, I'll be able to give back to the community with my own advice and experience soon.

I also wanted to throw out a quick question about parrot cichlids for anyone who has experience with them.

1) My parrot cichlid has repeatedly torn out all of the plants in the tank. Should I keep trying to put them back, or should I just accept that they'll never coincide in peace?

2) What kinds of decorations do you guys recommend and what are some good places to find decorations online? All the stores I've been to have been really lacking in quality decorations. I'm asking because I've read that the parrot cichlids like hiding spots and stuff. My tank is only a foot deep, but it's pretty long, so it makes it tough because I want to leave enough room for the fish to swim around.

Thanks again!