· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Hybrid View

1. Default Bristlenose diseases

0 Not allowed!
    I have a bristlenose who seems to have 'shrunk' since I got a sailfin pleco. This BN is no longer looking very healthy, he/ she is only about 3 years old.

The BN seems to have a kink in its body. I have searched on the net and cannot find anything like this. Does anyone have any idea what I can do to help it? I don't want to take it out and kill it.

I am in the processing of fixing the water parameters as they were a little out.

Thanks
    Ghostknife

250 Ltr (66Gallon US)
    BGK, Sailfin Pleco, Bala Shark, 3 random cichlids (cannot remember their name, they are not typical though), 4 YoYo Loach's, 1 Bristlenose, 11 Rumy nose tetra, 2 Black Widow Tetra,

0 Not allowed!
    Clean water is one first priority.
    Enough food for the plecos to eat - at night - is the most important issue usually. It's my contention that more plecos starve to death, than any other reason.

If you feed zucchini it will be almost impossible to underfeed. You can look at it to see the amount eaten. I peel mine, and stick a fork in it to keep it on the bottom. There are lots of other veggies plecos will eat, but none will turn down zucchini.

0 Not allowed!
    I got asked why I peel zucchini.
    I peel it because I can't grow it myself for three seasons. It's easier to peel it than deal with surface contaminants. Also, my plecos have never eaten the peel. Others have differing experiences.
    An acquaintance feeds his plecos previously frozen sweet potato. (yams) Mine won't touch it.

Your experience and mileage may vary. That's one of the joys of fish keeping. Or pain if you're trying to replicate someones success.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for that. He/ she died anyway.
    Such a shame! I had a look at my Sailfin pleco though. He is a beast right now! I might try a few things with him. I don't want to feed it just algae wafers.
    Ghostknife

250 Ltr (66Gallon US)
    BGK, Sailfin Pleco, Bala Shark, 3 random cichlids (cannot remember their name, they are not typical though), 4 YoYo Loach's, 1 Bristlenose, 11 Rumy nose tetra, 2 Black Widow Tetra,

5. Default Bn catfish question

0 Not allowed!
    My bristle nose cat has a bare area on the top of his head......I've only had him for 2 days! I've not seen this on my others. Is this an injury, or disease? ( he is a gold and brown marbled color.

0 Not allowed!
    krislewis3, please make your own thread to ask your question.

Liters to Gallons conversion calculator

"Keeping fish for any period of time doesn't make you experienced if you're doing it wrong. What does, is acknowledging those mistakes and learning from them." ~Aeonflame
    "
    your argument is invalid." ~Mommy1