· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default GOT IT!!! The pic.

0 Not allowed!
    Here the hitch hiker is. Was a difficult shot, but got the body and most of the pattern. This is less than 1", so Juvie.
    Syno2.jpg

Default This Sucks, Euptera???

0 Not allowed!
    The Syno has settled down and is hiding in a place that I can see it well enough to compare to web images. The sucky thing is, it looks like this one:
    Featherfin Catfish

It cannot be the first one, because mine is lacking all spots in the dorsal fin area and is all networked like the one above. If it's a Euptera Juvie, I will have to rehome the fish, once it starts getting above 3". Til then I'll keep the fella. Time will tell if I was right in this comparison to Euptera, as fish will lose networked coloring and will gain spotting and grow paler if it is one.

If anyone can confirm all this, please let me know. Thanks everyone for your help.
    Last edited by bignellm; 04-27-2012 at 09:41 PM.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Hmm... looks like more like the featherfin, IMO.
    "Can ye fathom the ocean, dark and deep, where the mighty waves and the grandeur sweep?" - Fanny Crosby

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime 
    Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R 
    Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 Thanks! - pRED 

0 Not allowed!
    Looks like a synodontis eupterus, featherfin, I think the juvies are called network catfish, I really like em
    My therapist says I need a bigger tank . . . . .

Default Oh well.

0 Not allowed!
    Well, if this is who this Syno is, then there is no choice but to rehome the fish come 3"+ or territorial behavior. The tank just cannot handle anything larger. It's currently home to my Asian themed livestock. Which is contained in my newly refurbished 10 gallon.

Thanks again everyone.

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime 
    Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R 
    Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 Thanks! - pRED 

0 Not allowed!
    You won't need to wait long, they are fast growers!

0 Not allowed!
    That sucks. Any chance It'll much on snails while I wait? Got tons of MTS that need mowing down, LOL.

But seriously, what's my time table you think? 1-2 months? A bit longer?

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    2 month max I think

0 Not allowed!
    Maybe my LFS will do me a solid, and maybe trade for something--small. By then, this fella should be in prime shape for a owner who has something a bit roomier than this.

Been snooping around the Loach sites. Had my eye on Dwarf Chain Loach.