· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: future tank

Question future tank

0 Not allowed!
    Just curious. What would be the minium size tank for the follwing stock?
    2 adult angels
    11 of a non nipping tetra
    8 corydoras
    Roll the Dice!

Awards Showcase

A lovely red rose for you to enjoy ... - mermaidwannabe for the help - smaug Happy Father's Day! - Aminax awesome tank in TOTM - Lady Hobbs Good guess! - Lab_Rat 
    To match your Super speed LOL - 850R Cool contest! - Wild Turkey Great shrimp advice - Wild Turkey You have the patience of a rock - Aeonflame Happy 5th Anniversary - Aminax 
    Thanks! - Scrup hmm i dont this its the right species... but merry xmas XD - genocidex Merry Christmas! I blub you! - Aminax I love following your informative and well designed threads. I hope these loaches get huge for you! - Sandz Happy 30th birthday! - Aminax 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks for you help! Cheers! - koaladarshana Happy Birthday Bud. Cheers! - Strider199 Merry Xmas! Ill drink to that! - Sandz Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime 
    Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Brhino 

0 Not allowed!
    are you going to take steps to ensure you have a mated pair, or not?
    300 gallon mega tank: build in progress
    75 gallon community tank: tetras, danios, corys, platies, otos, pearl gouramis, bristlenose pleco, assassin snails, red cherry shrimp, bamboo shrimp
    70 gallon growout tank: clown loaches, sailfin pleco
    60 gallon goldfish tank: fancy goldfish
    29 gallon frog tank: 1 bullfrog
    10 gallon and 5.5 gallon betta tanks: 1 male betta each, sometimes snails

0 Not allowed!
    Mated pair would be nice, but I am not concerned with breeding. That is until I get a house with a fishroom lol.

So I would just get two not mated angels if that is advisable.
    Roll the Dice!

Awards Showcase

No Message - talldutchie Merry Christmas - KingFisher Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 This Holiday Swine hopes your 2014 will be simply divine! - Trillianne Thanks again for your help yesterday - Slaphppy7 
    Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Mommy1. - Strider199 Cheers.  Have some of my hang-over cure. Happy New Year - Cliff Happy New Year! - KingFisher Happy Birthday. - Taurus 
    Happy Birthday. - gadget228 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Looks like its time for a second cup! - Trillianne always fun - Surfdog thanks for sweetening the pot! - fishmommie 
    Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 for putting up with my bad timing - Cliff Congrats on MOTM. - gadget228 For most awesome avatar of the day. lol  Love it. - KevinVA Thank you so much for the Rep!! - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    A 65g would be a great size for that stock. In order for it to work, the angels would have to go in last after all the other fish are well established. You also want to get angels as young as possible, the smaller (younger) the better. Getting them from a breeder is best and they must go into the tank at the same time.
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Brutal honesty will be shown on this screen.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Tolerance is a great thing to have, so is the ability to shut up.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

0 Not allowed!
    I already have a 75 gallon with 6 little blood parrots. Would 2 baby angels be ok in this set up?
    Roll the Dice!

Awards Showcase

No Message - talldutchie Merry Christmas - KingFisher Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 This Holiday Swine hopes your 2014 will be simply divine! - Trillianne Thanks again for your help yesterday - Slaphppy7 
    Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Mommy1. - Strider199 Cheers.  Have some of my hang-over cure. Happy New Year - Cliff Happy New Year! - KingFisher Happy Birthday. - Taurus 
    Happy Birthday. - gadget228 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Looks like its time for a second cup! - Trillianne always fun - Surfdog thanks for sweetening the pot! - fishmommie 
    Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 for putting up with my bad timing - Cliff Congrats on MOTM. - gadget228 For most awesome avatar of the day. lol  Love it. - KevinVA Thank you so much for the Rep!! - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    I've never kept blood parrots so I can't begin to comment on how they would be with the angels. I understand they are little now, but I don't think a 75g would be enough room to give 6 full grown BP's and 2 full grown angels enough territory to get along even if they are compatible.
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Brutal honesty will be shown on this screen.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Tolerance is a great thing to have, so is the ability to shut up.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    BPs Are very peaceful and can be housed with angles im just not sure if all those fish fully grown will have enough room in a 75g. Bps get quite big 6-8inches and angels get tall. LadyHobbs will surely come to this thread and let you know since she keeps/kept them and knows alot about them. I only Kept one.
    110g All Male Peacock/Hap Tank

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I have two angels, 16 rummeynose tetras, and 6 cories in a 45 gallon tank. Dimensions are 36"W, 24"H, and 13"D. The angels aren't a mated pair and I understand I'm lucky as I've no issues with the two angels over the last 2+ years.

As the others have stated, they went in together and were very small. The tank was also well established before they went in as well.
    55g: Planted Tank: Firemouth, Blue Acara, Rainbow Cichlid, 15 Bloodfin Tetras, and 8 Panda Cories

45g Planted Tank: 2 Koi Angelfish, 19 Rummy Nose Tetras, and 6 Green Cories

20g Planted Tank: 8 Harlequin Rasboras, 4 Peppered Cories, and 8 Amano Shrimp

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks everyone for the input.

LadyHobbs actually was on of the people that help me with blood parrot info when i was setting up the 75 gallon. I did not think to mention angels in that thread, but lately i have become very interested in them.

I think it is because I saw a few black veil angels at one of the LFS. They were really beautiful fishes.
    Roll the Dice!

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    You should do fine. Provide sand for the corys though with caves/hiding places.

Gets a tall 65 or 75 though. angelfish do better in such a setup.