· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need an AC Pleco as well! - ScottishFish   

Default Driftwood: Deal or no Deal?

0 Not allowed!
    I've been on the hunt for some driftwood to add to my tank. This will be my first attempt at driftwood and from what I'm reading, I think malaysian would be the best choice for me. I found several pieces that I liked on thedriftwoodstore.com and emailed them for a quote with shipping on Sunday night, but still have not heard back. I'm getting very impatient so I started looking elsewhere.

I came across this deal - http://store.seacorals.net/femadr8pimib.html - which is for (8) pieces of mixed sizes for $40.99 + $6.95 shipping. I like the total cost, but I worry that they only send me one decent sized piece and the rest all small. I hate that I can't see what I'm buying first, but like I said, the price seems good to me.

Would you go with this deal or not? Have any of you gone with it already? What did you think of the pieces?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the nomination - Cliff   Merry X-mass, and thanks for all of your help this past year, both here and at the store - Cliff   No Message - cer   Thanks for the rep - Cliff   thanks for the betta :D - Cyberra   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - sailor   Autism - sailor   

0 Not allowed!
    How big of a tank is the wood going in?
    If you are worried about getting too many small pieces just order 3 or 4 large ones as they are on sale as well.
    Sailor

Aye Aye

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    It'll be going into a 75 gallon.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Because you needed a comfort fish... :-) Cheer up. Things will get better soon. - lotus flower   For your studies :D - CassieLEO   Have a bunny!  Be cautious if you get another  ;-) - 850R   850R said you need another bunny. - gadget228   Awww.. Your bunnies are now parents :-) - 850R   
    Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Fisharefriends27   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Fisharefriends27   

0 Not allowed!
    Just get a few really large pieces. I got three sets of those for a 120 gallon and planned to stack them. Not a good idea, IMO.

I would stick with something you can see the actual piece before you buy it. And large pieces, not a bunch of smaller ones. Don't get me wrong, some pieces I got are awesome, but it's easier with 1-3 larger pieces. Would have saved some money on my tank.

This is just my experience, others may feel differently.
    120 gallon29 gallon
    5.5 and 2.5 gallon
    The harley man......no not the motorcycle, harlequin rasboras
    Angie R.I.P. 10/29/11

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the advice. I'm such a dunce! I never thought to just order individual pieces. I saw the bulk for 8 pieces and got all excited! Ideally I do want to see the pieces I'm buying, but I can't seem to get responses from the places that have individual pieces available. I'm trying to order 3 large and 2 medium, but now their checkout service isn't working! Argh!!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You needed one! - korith   There ya go - Fisharefriends27   Merry Christmas - Northernguy   I love my Harlequins! Thanks for the suggestion :) - kurly   

0 Not allowed!
    Have you looked at aquabid? You can see the picture of the piece that you are bidding on.
    Lots of tanks. Some tanks are planted. Fish include community and bettas.
    2 Dachshunds. Angel (Red) and Cookie (Chocolate Dapple).
    Shiny Things and Beauty the rabbits.
    RIP Princess and Max the Dachshunds, Tiger and Ping Pong the rabbits, and all the fishes from when I was a newbie.
    It is Ldoerr NOT Idoerr.
    Black kitten named Midnight that was found 10/29/12