*slinks back in looking ashamed*
Yeahhh so I know I have been totally neglecting this build thread... sorry guys! Turns out that moving was a lot more of a pain than I remember it being (that's probably why I lived in my old apartment so long... it's like, as long as I REMEMBER how terrible moving is, I stick to one place, but then the memory fades and I think, why not...)
Hehe, anyway! A long-overdue update on the tank situation! The good news is, they're out of the 60g and it's gone! The bad news is, they're in the 120g, but I have yet to get the plumbing water-tight because I never was able to accomplish this 100% before the move.
SO the water level in the tank is just low enough that it does not reach the built-in overflows, and running the (admittedly underpowered for this size tank) AquaC Remora Pro until I get my act together. I used MUCH less sand this time around and just used a few cups from the old tank to seed it. New tank is cycled and has been up and running for about a month now... bought some new Koralia powerheads that will be coming soon, so the flow is about to get SERIOUS in there.
And everything is doing well! I added a yellow tang since my last visit. The damsels were given away on craigslist, and replaced with blue green chromis (much more agreeable temperament). I had to give the acan coral away as well since it wasn't doing well in the old tank... I know, terrible since it was expensive, but best for it in the long run.
And last but not least: added my first new coral in FOREVER just yesterday: a very small Zoa frag (TCN's Miami Hurricane Zoanthids), as well as 2 lil purple ORA mushrooms.
GOOD TO BE BACK!
120g SW mixed reef (see profile for equipment info) RBTAs, Shrooms, Zoas (new!) and fish..... and two fat cats
"The seaweed is always greener in somebody else's lake." -Sebastian the crab