· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Red, I would gladly send you some but I just have way too many to try to pick thru and I need a massive kill off. Right now you can't see one single snail but as soon as my tank lights come here, here they come for their morning multiplying session. They will cover the glass for about an hour then disappear again pretty much. My plant substrate has got to be literally full of babies.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i would sell me some MTS, since i want some. xD

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Hey Hobbs,

Myself I have the exact problem in my 45G. I got them from some plants I didnt rinse well and then they started to populate. I eventualy did an entire clean up of the place and still ended up having some left somewhere. I have driftwood with plants. I really think the problem was with the plants.

Now I'm looking at my tank every morning with the same disapointment as you :P
    They're all on the tank window hiding in the cracks of my driftwood. There is some loaches but it doesnt reduce that much the amount of snails.

So now I am planning on going in a store and ordering them assassin snails apperently a couple of them with my loaches might make things more balanced in the tank.. gotta wait 2 weeks to recieve them snails BOO !

0 Not allowed!
    Your loaches will eat the assassins.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    They will ?

I thought they were bigger then the trumpet snails, too big for a loach to want to play with at least

0 Not allowed!
    Loaches will eat snails. They don't care what kind of snails they are.

0 Not allowed!
    Loaches will not do much to control the trumpet snails, they have little trapdoors on their shells. The MTS also don't lay eggs, but give birth to live young.. and they tolerate pretty high salt concentrations, and some chlorine as well.
    Basically, they are pretty impossible to get rid of once you have them unless you go for chemicals that speciffically target invertebrates.

At one point I had torn down an old tank and left the gravel piled up on some newspapers... was in a middle of summer, and the gravel was pretty much dry... 3 weeks later, went to use the gravel for another tank, and out crawled the snails again, still alive and looking happy..

0 Not allowed!
    I had no idea these snails had live births. I see them floating on the waters surface and they always reminded me of fire ants during a flood when they form rafts and float together in piles. ( I hate them, too.) LOL

But I see babies all along the water line that I smash daily. That's pretty interesting, tho. Thanks for the heads up!

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I had a lot of trumpet snails until i put in yoyo loaches now i have none.

0 Not allowed!
    My yoyos loved mts. I had to set up a snail breeding tank to have enough for them. You can get a new window wiper and use it to swipe up a bunch of snails from the glass... do this once a day and you'll make a dent in the population in no time.
    <-- Click for journals
    "There is no right way to do the wrong thing." - KingFisher "Only bad things happen fast in this hobby" - Cliff