· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime 
    Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R 
    Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 Thanks! - pRED 

0 Not allowed!
    Glad to hear that you got it all sorted lucky you with a peacefull pair of angels.

How are the other two now??
    My therapist says I need a bigger tank . . . . .

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah, these angels have always been pretty mild mannered. They're at least 6years old, but on the small side. They get along really well together. They've never tried to breed that I'm aware of so they may be a pair of females.

The other two firemouths are doing just fine. They probably haven't even noticed the little one is missing. The more I watch them, the more I'm beginning to wonder if they are getting "friendly". They will ocassionally chase each other, but they're also just fine swimming next to each other. It appears for the most part that they're friendly with each other.

I was pretty worried about the little one. He got very dark and had some pretty thick black stripes while I was trying to catch him and while I was acclimating him, but once he was "set free" in his new home he lightened right up and ate. I'm sure he had a very stressful day, but at least now while he's in his new tank it's nice and quiet so he should be able to get some rest.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thought I'd post a quick update on my Firemouths.

The two at home are doing great. They still chase each other around every now and then, but for the most part they go about their own thing on opposite sides of the tank. The one I think is female sticks to the left side and the one I suspect is male is mostly on the right side. I've read that another way of sexing these guys is that females tend to have a more plump body, which in my case would be true if she is in fact a female. Anyway, no issues with them now that the little one has been moved. :)

Now the little guy... he's also doing great! He's been out and about exploring the tank with no harassment at all. The angels don't seem to care about his being there at all and he doesn't seem to care that they're there either. He has great colors and has been eating as well. Moving him no doubt saved him! :)

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime 
    Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R 
    Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 Thanks! - pRED 

0 Not allowed!
    Glad to hear that!!

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Well, I'm sad to report that my little Firemouth died sometime last night. This morning I came in and he was under one of the plants resting on the gravel. I watched him for a few seconds before realizing his gills weren't moving. I don't quite know what went wrong. He was always out and about whenever I checked on him. I didn't see the angelfish picking on him (but I'm at work so it's hard to constantly watch them). He had a good appetite and was eating very well. He was still very small so maybe there was something genetically wrong with him from the start. I don't know. At least I tried to save him. :(

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry to hear that

Are the other 2 still ok?

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    My other two are doing great. Both have been very active and eat like every meal is going to be their last. They have great colors too. The little one I just lost did have some color, but he was not as colorful as the other two. Maybe that was a sign that I overlooked. Poor thing. :(

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    These things just happen sometimes. As long as your other 2 are ok then that's good