· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Smile

0 Not allowed!
    lookin great!!! You will need a permanent cover as all your eels are suseptable to falling out as they explore. I've had my Big Oscillated bump the glass top hard on my tank, lifted it a good 4 inches. I now have 5lb lead bars I place on top of each side. I believe they are very curious and I was warned from the get go by the guy;s at my local LFS. Lookin forward to the end result!!!!
    Life is tough, it's even tougher if your stupid.
    If your not angry, your not paying attention...
    150G Cube FWLR (Morays) 75G Fresh (Bichers/Gourami) 24G Cube (Reef/Goby/Seahorse's/Garden Eels)
    10G Fresh (Beta)
    2 x 29G Breeders (cycling) to be ready for January 15

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    The tank should not need a major cycle because I used the LR, LS and bioballs from the old tank. Time will tell

@surfdog

Yea, I ended up using the egg crate and wrapped with plastic mesh screen with weight on top. That way the tank will stay cooler during the summer. I am just amazed the big eel is so relaxed. I watched him check out the tank but never went nuts like the ribbon eel did.

The hard part is feeding them. Before the fish/eel were in the same area and now they are spread out lol.
    300g + 240g in wall build! - Follow Here
    120g SW Reef, LED lights, cool fish and corals!

0 Not allowed!
    I can imagine it'd be tough to feed everybody in a tank that size! Can't wait to see some pictures and congrats on getting the monster up and running!
    55g Long --> After 18mo of doing well the tank crashed during moving. Most likely cause: Flatworm Die-off... won't start another until after moving... Likely not until late 2013

20g Long --> currently concoting a build plan

Check out the journal to follow my 20g SW tank

"Take a chance, because you never know how perfect some things can turn out" -- unknown

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Well.... dun dun dun....

I will have to move my 300g & 120g aquariums.

Itís for a good reason... Got a new place on my property lol. I will slowly move into the new place hopefully next month and eventually tear down the old place. The fish's wonít be too stressed on that vs having to move long distance. The sharks and ray will have to wait until I move and get settled in again.

I am in debate on the installation of the new setups. I am thinking of upgrading my 120 reef to a 180 reef and do a in wall installation for both tanks. Not 100% sure at this time. I keep looking at the floor plans, removed the 4th bedroom walls so there is potential for a custom all aquarium room setup. I will know for sure within the next month or two.

Do I have a show of hands who wants to help move the setups hahah

I think my friends are going to boycott me when I call and ask for help again

Bright side its good exercise

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Latest update.

I will take a pic of the 300g as it is and then start a new thread on here for the new setup.

I am selling my 120g reef tank cause I bought a 8ft long tank for a reef tank yesterday.

Starting 2nd week of July.... I plan to turn a bedroom into a fish room. I am going to tear out the wall, push it back 4ft to give the living room more space. Then I will build the 8ft and 300g tank into the wall with full access from the old room. I will add fancy picture frame style molding to make it look like a moving picture.

The 8ft tank will be a reef setup while the 300g will still be for the shark/ray/eel.

I am excited. I have been wanting to do this for years and finally I can! All those days of skimping on food, saving money and being cheap are paying off! Sure easy to spend it vs save it haha.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    A few months late on starting this project. I will do a final post of what everything looked like before I moved the tanks.

I made a new journal entry for the full wall build.

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...32#post1093032