· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Harlequin Rasbora's and YoYo Loaches?

0 Not allowed!
    I had previously asked if I could keep Bleeding Heart Tetras with Harlequin Rasboras and Zebra loaches in a 35 Gallon tank.

Because of size I ended up getting the zebra loaches for our established 55 gallon aquarium (they're awesome, btw) and we decided to keep ryukin calico goldfish in our 35 gallon. We have one so far and plan on adding two more. Freaky looking fish.

So today we bought a new 55 gallon tank. This time, I am going to get the wife her bleeding heart tetras. I was wondering if I could keep bleeding heart tetras, harlequin rasboras, and yoyo (pakistani loaches) together.

Some yoyo loach profiles say they are good community fish, but I've read that some people have had problems keeping harlequin rasboras and yoyos together because the yoyos are too aggressive.

If anyone has experience housing these fish together, I would appreciate your feedback.

I was also wondering if yoyos are strictly nocturnal, or if I will see them frequently like my zebra loaches (they are active and often out during the day)

Thanks!
    Livestreaming my 220 Gallon Aquarium
    5.5 M Betta
    10 Pea Puffers
    20 Harlequins, Neons, Platies, Guppies, Cories, Nerite Snails
    55 Silver Dollars, Pearl Gourami, Hillstream Loach, Mollies, Serpae Tetras, African Dwarf Frog, Leopard Bush Fish, Bleeding Heart Tetras, Chocolate Talking Cat, Banjo Cat
    55 Red, Blue, Boesemani Rainbows, Zebra Dainos, Zebra Loaches, Platies, Moonlight Gourami, Bristlenose Pleco
    35 Red Tailed Shark, Amazon Puffers
    220 Black Skirt, Lemon Tetras and Bala Sharks

0 Not allowed!
    You sure can. But I think I would save the 55 for the goldfish myself. A family of ryukin! They are so darned cute.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I've had a trio of yoyo loaches for just about 6 years now. I did have 4 at one time, but lost one several months ago. They are great fish! I've had them with tiger barbs, gouramis, dojo loaches, a pleco, and now with firemouth cichlids and they've gotten along well with all of them. I would say you should be fine with them.

In my case they are definitely NOT nocturnal. In fact, I honestly can't tell you when they rest because they always seem to be in motion when I look at the tank. They're very playful and very energetic. They enjoy chasing and pushing each other around. The only thing I don't like them about them is that they are VERY greedy when it comes to food. They will push other fish out of the way so they can get their share. They're such pigs.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the info! The tank is almost cycled and eventually I will definitely be getting some yoyos.
    Livestreaming my 220 Gallon Aquarium
    5.5 M Betta
    10 Pea Puffers
    20 Harlequins, Neons, Platies, Guppies, Cories, Nerite Snails
    55 Silver Dollars, Pearl Gourami, Hillstream Loach, Mollies, Serpae Tetras, African Dwarf Frog, Leopard Bush Fish, Bleeding Heart Tetras, Chocolate Talking Cat, Banjo Cat
    55 Red, Blue, Boesemani Rainbows, Zebra Dainos, Zebra Loaches, Platies, Moonlight Gourami, Bristlenose Pleco
    35 Red Tailed Shark, Amazon Puffers
    220 Black Skirt, Lemon Tetras and Bala Sharks