· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Thread: Betta Question

1. Question Betta Question

0 Not allowed!
    Is it alright to have a male and a female betta tank next to each other, or will it stress my male out just as much as having a male tank next to him would?

A severe lack of trichogaster.

Just because your Gourami is sick does not mean it is always Iridovirus, DGIV, Gourami Disease, et cetera.
    Look at all the other factors in your tank before coming to this conclusion.

0 Not allowed!
    Edit: Misunderstood your question.
    I honestly dont know.
    Last edited by PhillipOrigami; 04-15-2012 at 06:52 PM.
    Its Phillip, not Origami.
    Join the 10+ club

Clicky!
    http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=184368
    ^Read

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Ripping each other to shreds doesn't apply if they're in separate tanks... Perhaps you'd like to explain what you meant by that statement.

Just because your Gourami is sick does not mean it is always Iridovirus, DGIV, Gourami Disease, et cetera.

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime 
    Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R 
    Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 Thanks! - pRED 

0 Not allowed!
    By next to eachother do you meen tight against them? If you we're to do that then just make sure to plant the side of both tanks and so would obscure eachother from view.
    My therapist says I need a bigger tank . . . . .

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    One is in a rectangular 2.5 gallon, the other is in a 2.5 gallon bowl. Both filtered, both planted against the nearest side to each other. A few inches apart.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    In my experience, male bettas dislike females every bit as much as other males.

I have successfully had females living in a single tank with a lone male before but there were a lot of plants to hide behind.

0 Not allowed!
    the problem comes in by how much "view" they have of each other. If the view is obscured, by plants and other things in the way "Peeks" at each other won't be harmful. As an earlier poster suggested, plant the sides of the tanks that face each other with real or plastic plants, so their view of each other is obscured.
    2 10 gallon tanks, 1 20 gallon tank, 1 Fluval Edge, 1 29 gallon tank, and one backyard pond.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I used to have 4 betta tanks next to each other. I had 3 2.5g male betta tanks right up close to each other. I also had a 10g female betta tank next to the male tank on the end of the row. I did not notice any problems. I did have a piece of black paper between each tank.
    Lots of tanks. Some tanks are planted. Fish include community and bettas.
    2 Dachshunds. Angel (Red) and Cookie (Chocolate Dapple).
    Shiny Things and Beauty the rabbits.
    RIP Princess and Max the Dachshunds, Tiger and Ping Pong the rabbits, and all the fishes from when I was a newbie.
    It is Ldoerr NOT Idoerr.
    Black kitten named Midnight that was found 10/29/12