· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Is my cory pregnant ... or fat?

0 Not allowed!
    I've got six bronze cory cats. I noticed last night they were looking especially big. I checked them today, five have these hump things on their chest. Four of the hump things are a different colour than the rest of their bodies. I thought maybe they were sick, but they look lively and happy as ever, so I'm wondering if maybe they're pregnant? Or just fat
    "Can ye fathom the ocean, dark and deep, where the mighty waves and the grandeur sweep?" - Fanny Crosby

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 lets see if you cann see this - William another test - William hope this works - William hopefully this one shows up. - KingFisher 
    It's the closest thing I could find to a snowflake. - Taurus Happy Birthday Girl. Wishing you many more. Ya thats why the Champagne is in play. hehehe - Strider199 For piping up - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas - gadget228 Thank you and Happy Holidays! - KingFisher Merry x-mas and a Happy New Year Trillianne - Strider199 Happy New Year!!! - Rue Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 
    Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Thanks for the Rep! - steeler1 Thanks, and one for you too. - mommy1 lol - 5 steps to gift giving.  We should eat more bananas... potassium and all that. - KevinVA Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Hard to tell without visuals. One person's idea of fat isn't the same as another person's idea of fat.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Right, my bad. I'm horrible with a camera but I'll go and try to snap a few shots.
    "Can ye fathom the ocean, dark and deep, where the mighty waves and the grandeur sweep?" - Fanny Crosby

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I've got some pictures but my internet connection is unbearably slow at the moment... I'll post them when it gets better.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Here we go! :)

You can't see the colour difference, but with four of the cories the little hump thing is a dense white.

varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphp3slor2.jpg

varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphpIV5OmT.jpg

6. Red face

0 Not allowed!
    Female Cory when adult will mature with eggs ragardless got mate or not.

The picture more like she ate alot as is alot more vertical than lateral fattening. I cant't tell whether she is mature or not.
    Cory

Welcome to My Blog http://corydorus.blogspot.com

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Ooh, I didn't know that. Well I've had these guys for about a month now and there's been some serious growth since I've gotten them, so I think four of them must be mature, and the other two are just lil fatties. :) Too bad.. I was kind of hoping for some baby cories.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I just had the same thing happen with my bronze corys yesterday. same swelling in the exact spot. Strange

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    As mention, vertical fattening is more due to much food eaten which expands their stomach.
    Cory

Welcome to My Blog http://corydorus.blogspot.com