· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Getting a new family member

0 Not allowed!
    My mom is getting out of a bad relationship and moving in with her sister. My Aunt has a small child so my mom can't take her bird, so we volunteered to take him until she can get into her own place again, but she says if it works out and we like him, we could keep him.

His name is Gonzo and he is an African Grey and he will be moving in tomorrow afternoon. He was originally my Aunts who gave him to my mom 3 years ago shortly after having my cousin. He grew up with our Sun Conure, Indie, who was also my Aunts before having the baby.

My mom hasn't been able to spend as much time with Gonzo as he needs because she's been working late, so we were perfect for him because we are home at 5 most nights. Plus Indie and Gonzo get a long great so they will keep each other company while we are at work. Gonzo says dozens of things and makes dozens of sound, so he should be just as entertaining as Indie, lol, and will hopefully warm up to us in short time.

Here is a picture of gonzo taken from my moms website. I'll get a better one of him once he's settled in and will keep you updated on how he settles in with us. Our biggest issue is just finding a place for his huge cage next to our other 2 bird cages, lol

29 gallon-planted community

20 long frag tank
    75 gal-planted goldfish

75 gallon mixed reef with 20 gallon sump

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Birds are very difficult pets, know what your taking on.African grays can live for a long time. I myself don't know much about them expect that they are like 2 years old's for life. You might want a bird book.

Anyway I hope all is well.

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    Congrats on taking on Gonzo. At least your AG has feathers...

Mine will not leave hers be...I've given up hoping she would...so now I just try and keep her happy and occupied...

...she came to us plucked...
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

0 Not allowed!
    Gonzo is a handsome boy. I don't know anything about them but make sure you research the heck out of the animal so you do what is right for the bird!
    8 tanks running now:
    1x 220 gallon, 2x55 gallon, 1x40 gallon long, 1x29 gallon, 1x20 gallon long, 1x5.5 gallon, 1x2 gallon
    Gouramis, barbs, rasboras, plecos, corys, tetras, fancy guppies, swordtails, ottos, rainbow shark, upside-down catfish, snails, and Max and Sparkles the bettas.

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you. Luckily we have a good amount of experience with parrots, weve had our sun conure going on 2 years and hes happy as a bird can be lol. We did alot of research b4 taking him on. Before that my mom had a blue and gold macaw that I helped care for, but she lost to her ex in her last breakup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rue
    Congrats on taking on Gonzo. At least your AG has feathers...

Mine will not leave hers be...I've given up hoping she would...so now I just try and keep her happy and occupied...

...she came to us plucked...
    Thank you. Your grey sounds like our conure. Hes plucked all his life and nothing stops it, and hes always been happy. He went 3 months without plucking once but now he plucks, lets it grow and plucks again.

Ill keep you updated on how he settles in and maybe post a video of him cause hes pretty funny

20 long frag tank
    75 gal-planted goldfish

0 Not allowed!
    Nice looking addition to the family

I've always thought about getting a bird, mostly from how much fun it was to bird-sit for a friend of mine.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff
    Nice looking addition to the family

I've always thought about getting a bird, mostly from how much fun it was to bird-sit for a friend of mine.
    Thank you. Birds are fun but they are a big commitment. Most parrots need a lot of attention but if you can give them the time they need they will give you decades of joy. Our conure should live another 15-20 years and the grey probably has a good 50+ years to live.

20 long frag tank
    75 gal-planted goldfish

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I am so jealous!
    5 gallon planted tank - 1 female betta and one HUGE mystery snail
    60 gallon planted community 3 marble lyretail mollies, 3 creamsicle mollies, 9 lampeye tetras, 5 bloodfin tetras, 4 black skirt tetras, 1 rubberlipped pleco, 3 peppered corys, 3 bumblebee catfish, 3 emerald green corydoras, 2 gold danios, and 2 giant danios

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by labnjab
    Thank you. Birds are fun but they are a big commitment. Most parrots need a lot of attention but if you can give them the time they need they will give you decades of joy. Our conure should live another 15-20 years and the grey probably has a good 50+ years to live.
    If I thought we could give a bird the full attention they need, I would get one in a heart beat. Hopefully that will change some day soon
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    Gonzo arrived last night. We haven't been able to handle him yet, but he's been talking up a storm, which is a good sign, so hopefully we will be able to handle him soon. He seems most talkative when we leave the room. He must be shy, lol. Our conure is very jealous as I expected, but that should subside once the newness goes away.

20 long frag tank
    75 gal-planted goldfish