· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

your first! - Algenco   You need some fish...hehe - Mith   Happy Holidays - Northernguy   for the awesome posts - mommy1   Thanks - KingFisher   

Default 36gal bow front!

0 Not allowed!
    not so much a journal from start up of this tank it has been running for a few years. after finding some good lights for cheap i decided to go high tech and add some diy co2. the bottle i used to create it was a gallon container, and it bubbles into another gallon container only because the pressure created by a smaller co2 chamber was insane.

here is a pic of the first day i put the co2 in to document the "starting" growth. date: 3/26

this picture was taken a few days after date :3/30

the lotus has had explosive growth since i bought it about 2 weeks ago. when i first brought it home there were 2 fully formed leaves, with a third starting to sprout.

the dwarf sag has started to show improvement with the addition of co2.

here is a pic of my tank as of about 20 min ago date : 4/10

also any plant suggestions are welcome. im thinking of giving my anubias away and trying out crypts? just wondering what types of crypts you guys have had experience with and like.

if i do decide i want anubias again it wouldnt be too hard as my 90gal has 5-6 plants that put out a new leaf every 7-10 days.

ill check every day for suggestions about anything tank related and will be updating every few days with new pics to help me document my experience

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the rep - Cliff   Thanks for the rep. - Strider199   yes you win a bunny one bad thing tho, you might get many more :P - genocidex   thx for the rep - Kayfish   For your fish 911, - Cliff   
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - bignellm   

0 Not allowed!
    Think I'll subscribe since I'm considering DIY Co2.

Maybe some Amazon Sword if your capacity and lighting can support it. Just keep in background, as it will take over.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

your first! - Algenco   You need some fish...hehe - Mith   Happy Holidays - Northernguy   for the awesome posts - mommy1   Thanks - KingFisher   

0 Not allowed!
    i actually had a sword plant in there that, after it split into two seperate plants, i moved to my 90gal. where it still takes up half the tank. i have been considering re doing the right side with an amazon sword plant though...

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the rep - Cliff   Thanks for the rep. - Strider199   yes you win a bunny one bad thing tho, you might get many more :P - genocidex   thx for the rep - Kayfish   For your fish 911, - Cliff   
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - bignellm   

0 Not allowed!
    They do get huge, don't they. Can't wait for mine to take over the filter intake side.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You needed a fish - ScottishFish   Now you have a pair of blue rams - MLBfan   

0 Not allowed!
    I've got six bunches of crypts, not sure the exact type, but all of them suffer from crypt melt. It can be caused from water changes to moving them too much. It turns them into a mush. Depending on the crypts you get, they can take a long while to get used to the tank and start to grow, but they do look nice, and my angel loves them.
    "Can ye fathom the ocean, dark and deep, where the mighty waves and the grandeur sweep?" - Fanny Crosby

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    yea i was reading quite a bit about crypt melt. thats what is really holding me up from getting some

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You needed a fish - ScottishFish   Now you have a pair of blue rams - MLBfan   

0 Not allowed!
    If I'd of known about it before I bought them, I probably would have held off, too :P I'm not that experienced with plants, and tend to stick to hardier stuff. Got them on impulse though, and one or two leaves melted out of the six, but I let them be and they started growing again.

What about some corkscrew vals? They look real neat and you could use them to cover up the back.

Or water hedge? Heard it grows flowers when in right conditions, isn't that neat? I've never grown it myself but it's a small plant and I think it would look nice in the front.

Your tank is really nice. What fish do you have?
    "Can ye fathom the ocean, dark and deep, where the mighty waves and the grandeur sweep?" - Fanny Crosby

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    ill definitely check out the vals, the tank used to have a black felt background but i took it off for the time being, as you can see from the water marks on the back glass ive been doing quite a bit of work behind the tank and didnt want the felt getting wet.

im kindof thinking of getting some frogbit or dwarf watter lettuce and moving the lotus to my 90gal. the only reason i have it in there is to provide slightly shady spots for my betta to hang out under.

water hedge is interesting ive never even heard of it before, reading about it now!

edit: if anyone has bought either frogbit or dwarf water lettuce online and was happy with their purchase please let me know what site you got it from!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    would do another edit but i was outside the 15min window. after some talking it over i do think i will be swapping over the tank to black sand such as flourite or echo-complete. not too sure which ill be going with as i need to do some more research. also contemplating on making the tank into a "dirted" tank.

might not go dirted though as ive read you cant really have fish in it for a month or so, and ive no where to properly house my fish for that long.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You needed one! - korith   There ya go - Fisharefriends27   Merry Christmas - Northernguy   I love my Harlequins! Thanks for the suggestion :) - kurly   

0 Not allowed!
    I too am curious as to what fish you have in there.
    Lots of tanks. Some tanks are planted. Fish include community and bettas.
    2 Dachshunds. Angel (Red) and Cookie (Chocolate Dapple).
    Shiny Things and Beauty the rabbits.
    RIP Princess and Max the Dachshunds, Tiger and Ping Pong the rabbits, and all the fishes from when I was a newbie.
    It is Ldoerr NOT Idoerr.
    Black kitten named Midnight that was found 10/29/12