· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

your first! - Algenco   You need some fish...hehe - Mith   Happy Holidays - Northernguy   for the awesome posts - mommy1   Thanks - KingFisher   

0 Not allowed!
    well decided to not post a picture, not much has changed other than moving some of the dwarf sub to my 90gal. the power head is working wonderfully to disperse to co2

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

your first! - Algenco   You need some fish...hehe - Mith   Happy Holidays - Northernguy   for the awesome posts - mommy1   Thanks - KingFisher   

0 Not allowed!
    update! co2 is still going strong. im quite surprised at how long its lasting. roughly the same co2 output as day 2 of having it. the diffuser i was using has been now replaced by the powerhead. the bottles i was using couldnt hold up to the pressure, so i swapped it out. will post another picture tomorrow of the plant growth, which has been a pretty alarming difference

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the rep - Cliff   Thanks for the rep. - Strider199   yes you win a bunny one bad thing tho, you might get many more :P - genocidex   thx for the rep - Kayfish   For your fish 911, - Cliff   
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - bignellm   

0 Not allowed!
    Sounds great. Mine's still going strong too. Been on and off in fits from time to time, but that's just it back building I think.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You needed a fish - ScottishFish   Now you have a pair of blue rams - MLBfan   

0 Not allowed!
    I've been considering a DIY C02 reactor/diffuser (I've seen it called both haha, don't know if they're any different) but it seems too complicated to me. Your beautiful plants are making me consider it again ... hmm ...
    "Can ye fathom the ocean, dark and deep, where the mighty waves and the grandeur sweep?" - Fanny Crosby

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    the diffuser is what dissolves it into the water. i was using a glass and ceramic diffuser that worked wonderfully. the issue was i used big water bottles which couldnt handle the pressure needed to push it through the diffuser.

its actually very easy to do i saw a couple threads about it and decided to give it a go as im completely redoing the tank.

as an update to changes i took the anubias and attached it to the wood on the right side of the tank. will post pictures later tonight showing an update. heading out right now to creek stomp for some driftwood. i got a great idea in my head and need to find the right piece of driftwood to make it work

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    update on the plants i found, its Callitriche stagnalis or starwort.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    picture time! here is an update on the newly added starwort. its grown close to two inches in just a few days, now i understand why it was on the state noxious weed list (how i finally figured out what it was by the way).

this is a picture of the anubias i tied to the wood i had in there. they wont be staying here im just letting their roots grow down

oh and if anyone knows a good website to id moss at please post it. im still trying to find out what the moss i got from the creek is

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the rep - Cliff   Thanks for the rep. - Strider199   yes you win a bunny one bad thing tho, you might get many more :P - genocidex   thx for the rep - Kayfish   For your fish 911, - Cliff   

0 Not allowed!
    Never heard of Starwort before, but did some digging to see what it's about. I wonder how it look in my 50 gallon South of the border Community

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    haha probably pretty good it grows in a very bunchy fashion, good luck getting some though. youde have to go out and find it as its a noxious weed in most states haha

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Lol. Wouldn't be a real issue would it? You have some
    If I find some room in one of my tanks, you could send some clippings when your forced to trim them down, no? :

Haven't fully decided if I want some, but if I do, I'd be willing to send some of one of my plants back.