· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

your first! - Algenco   You need some fish...hehe - Mith   Happy Holidays - Northernguy   for the awesome posts - mommy1   Thanks - KingFisher   

0 Not allowed!
    as far as fish go there is a school of 9 kuhli loaches, and angel seen in the first and third pictures, some guppys my friend had to give up as he was moving away (theyre slowly becoming a nice snack for my oscar) and a betta. when the guppies are fully removed i will be putting a schooling fish in, probably neon or cardinal tetras

before the riff raff about omg betta and angel it has not and should not be a problem. the betta was very carefully hand picked over the course of a few months until i found one who showed no aggression, even to other bettas. the angle was picked out by the same process. they dont even look twice at eachother.
    i do understand just because nothing has gone wrong that it doesnt mean anything will, but after a year together there hasnt even been a torn fin in the tank. if anything does change and the need arises a have quite a few tanks that are very betta friendly
    Last edited by KatzeSlaugen; 04-12-2012 at 01:38 AM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You needed a fish - ScottishFish   Now you have a pair of blue rams - MLBfan   

0 Not allowed!
    I think it's awesome you've got a betta and angel that get along. They're both such beautiful fish. And it's real great you've got a back up plan if things do get nasty.
    "Can ye fathom the ocean, dark and deep, where the mighty waves and the grandeur sweep?" - Fanny Crosby

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

your first! - Algenco   You need some fish...hehe - Mith   Happy Holidays - Northernguy   for the awesome posts - mommy1   Thanks - KingFisher   

0 Not allowed!
    to be honest it was a PITA (if you dont believe me ask my girlfriend about spending litterally an hour sometimes in the store while i inspected candidates) now that ive had them its nice. the only ones in the tank that do any picking are the guppies.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    update! i decided to move the lotus to my 90gal, it was starting to block too much light. heres a pic of it sitting in my 90gal on the right side now!

the 36gal now

i also adjusted to anubias so i could spread the dwarf sagg out. still in the planning phase for what i want the final tank to look like, but ive been busy collecting rocks that catch my eye while walking by the creek.

thinking of doing a "mountain" type effect in the middle. i will be using strips of plexiglass insterted vertically into the substrate to help mound it. will of course be adding some more in a week or so to build the depth up.

my co2 is still going strong, im kindof wondering how long it will last being in such a large container

edit: and as a disclaimer i guess youde call it i wont be post processing any of my photos from here on out. ill just be taking a quick snap shot on most occasions just to give you guys a visual representation as to whats changing. milestone updates will have much nicer photos

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the rep - Cliff   Thanks for the rep. - Strider199   yes you win a bunny one bad thing tho, you might get many more :P - genocidex   thx for the rep - Kayfish   For your fish 911, - Cliff   
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - bignellm   

0 Not allowed!
    Looking good. Interested in the rock mountain build.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    should have my powerhead delivered soon. using a small one to better dissolve the co2 into the water.

i have off monday so ill probably make a few mock ups of the mountain and upload a picture that night if im satisfied by one

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    well im now on the fence about using wood or rock as the main structure in the tank, tomorrow ill be going out and see what wood there is to find, there is a good chance rock will just play a secondary role now

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    update!
    spent about 5 hours walking around the creek today looking for rocks, i did find excatly what i was looking for so its been decided that rock will be the main focus of the tank. before showing you guys the start of my "mountain" i first have a question!

the picture below shows a plant that i found growing everywhere in a tributary, having lived here my entire life and spending most days in the creek i found it strange that ive never seen this plant even once before...so here is a picture.

to help hopefully ID this plant it was found in tributary to the conodoguinet creek in central PA. im hoping one of you all know, google hasnt helped me one bit.

on wards to the rock formation! i built it in my sandbox just to get an idea, it will be going into the back left corner of the tank when the time comes

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the rep - Cliff   Thanks for the rep. - Strider199   yes you win a bunny one bad thing tho, you might get many more :P - genocidex   thx for the rep - Kayfish   For your fish 911, - Cliff   
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - bignellm   

0 Not allowed!
    That rock formation is completely perfect!!! Very nice formation.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    just got back from that pet place a little bit ago, added some vals to the back of the tank. im really liking the contrasting dark green from the vals, and the light green from the dwarf sub. sometime next week ill be picking up a few bags of flourite, and things will be able to get under way.

to update about the co2, its still going very strong. about the same as it was the second day. there has been a very noticable difference in growth rate with the dwarf sub. tomorrow after the powerhead shows up and im off work ill be posting an updated picture. probably update around 9pm est