· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Happy Christmas - MuckyFish thanks for advising on vegetables for my kribs! so here is a discus - ScottishFish You help a lot - PhillipOrigami For the bank account, and thx for the rep - Cliff beautiful discus! - Crispy 
    I know this doesn't help but it's all I can do! - chrisfraser05 for all the wise advice you've given me - fishmommie Congrats on 2000th post! - andreahp Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Thanks for the rep :-) - ~firefly~ appreciate it. - fishmommie Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ - korith For all the good advice you give. - ~firefly~ 
    Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff thanks for the rep points.  appreciate it - fishmommie happy friday! - mojosodope Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep! - steeler1 

Unhappy

0 Not allowed!
    I am so sorry - that is so wrong that a product would do that. Hope you don't have to recycle the filter(s). Hope the poor fish makes it. Like you tell all of us - extra oxygen and hope.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    That sucks LH. Parrots are like little aquatic puppys. I know ours are the favored fish of the house for sure,losing one of them hurts.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Hobbs
    ... That Start Right I used yesterday caused my tank to become UNCYCLED. Apparently it isn't all it claims to be at removing chloramines. I did another 60% water change, dosed the tank with enough of that stuff for 120 gallons.

I'm glad I ordered Seachems Stability this week "just in case". That will be here in the morning along with the Prime if she'll be able to hang in there long enough. Huge boo's the Tetra Start Right!
    Sorry to hear about the Blood Parrot. Hope they all pull through.

Been wondering just how effective the Tetra stuff is myself. Been using the bottled water conditioner for a year, and always seem to dose enough for 4x my tank volume. Then been using the Start Zyme tabs to help speed up the cycle. So, far not much effect from what I can tell. (My shops nearby ran out of Stability)

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i had a similiar issue with running out of prime and using a different brand dechlor i had. after the water change my one parrot showed the same exact signs as yours except the slime coat was litterally melting off and the inside of the gill plates started to "melt".

had my girlfriend run out and get prime (luckily were litterally a 2 minute drive from a fish store) and two ~90% water changes later they were better and acting like nothing happened.

forget the name of the junk that caused it for me.poured the rest of the bottle down the sink.. never using anything but prime again.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry to hear about your parrot Hobbsy, I hope she can hold out until the morning!
    Empty 125g sitting in my shed
    55g Freshwater Tropical Community
    29g Convict Fry Growout Tank
    10g Freshwater Planted Tropical Community
    5g Freshwater Planted Dirt
    2.5g Ghost shrimp tank

0 Not allowed!
    KatzeSlaugen....I used the Tetra Aqua Safe for years before I began using Prime. A couple times I used the Tetra Safe Start. (Also the last time.) Might be OK for some but apparently we have more chloramines in our water here than other places.

0 Not allowed!
    Not sure if you already know this or not, LH, but some water conditioners fail to say exactly what they do. Some claim to remove chloramines, but in fact they only work properly on chlorines. I think the API Tap Water Conditioner is about the only one that I've come across that actually says that it's pretty much specifically for chlorine removal. If it's chloramines that you need to be removed then it won't work properly, and you should only do smaller water changes, even in a well established tank, and use it with another product like Prime. Why you would want to use two products when you can buy one product to do the job properly is beyond me, but each to thier own I guess! Also the Start Right won't detoxify ammonia, if you have an unfortunate ammonia spike during a mini cycle, such as what you are going through. Are you a fan of Stress Coat at all? I find it to work really well, and it detoxifies the ammonia, like Prime does, if an accident happens. Just a thought for a back up product, if the Prime is unavailable. I hope your beautiful fish comes good. It'd be a shame to lose it because of a poor product.
    Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

0 Not allowed!

Start Right Aquarium Water Conditioner
    for Salt or Freshwater

• Complete Aquarium Water Conditioner for Freshwater, Saltwater, and Goldfish;
    • Reduces stress
    • Removes Chlorine, Chloramine, and Neutralizes Heavy Metals
    • Contains Allantoin – a Natural Skin Protectant and Stimulant of a Fish’s Slime Coat

It isn't a Tetra product at all but a Jungle Labs. No wonder I couldn't find it on the Tetra site. Doh!

Fish is swimming some, looks better than yesterday but still total color loss. Looks so odd to see a light pink parrot rather than his normal burnt orange. With the other fish OK and only this one struggling, I'm beginning to think he still have an unrelated problem.

0 Not allowed!
    Good luck, hopefully she continues to recover.

Liters to Gallons conversion calculator

"Keeping fish for any period of time doesn't make you experienced if you're doing it wrong. What does, is acknowledging those mistakes and learning from them." ~Aeonflame
    "
    your argument is invalid." ~Mommy1

0 Not allowed!
    Start Right does nothing to neutralize the ammonia released when the ammonia\chlorine bond is broken.

I hope the blood parrot recovers for you.
    When in doubt, do a water change.

"This ain't rocket science!"