· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 40g Mixed Reef

1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    So I just pulled a zoa eating nudibranch off of my glass. Not sure how the guy got into my system. The only dip I did on my zoas was a FW dip for flatworms, so he could have come in on a frag. He could have just as easily come in on my live rock I guess.

Oh well, I'll have to monitor the situation and see if more pop up. I guess I wont be buying any more zoas for a while, just in case.
    40g SW

0 Not allowed!
    To make Spirulina pellets more palatable to the angel, spritzer with Kent Zoe (easily found) or Selcon (harder to find but comes with pump spray), prior to adding the food.

Or do what I do. Culture green algae on stones (river cobbles) in brackish water. Lot cheaper than either Zoe or Selcon.

Dave
    When a finger points to the moon, the imbecile looks at the finger.

Omnia mutantur nihil interit.

The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    My reef saver rock has colored up quite a bit. It now has a nice coat of green coraline algae. I ordered a 4x39 watt fixture that should be delivered in 2 days. I went with the fishneedit fixture. I also picked up a few more corals...an orange ric and purplish frogspawn.

These hitchhiker palys have colored up nicely:

New FTS:
    40g SW

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    very nice tank! makes me want to really start working on a sw build!
    Link to my Journal: patinthehat's 50g journey
    50g-11 neon tetras, 749 billion pond snails, 3 Bristlenose Plecos, Red Cherry Shrimp, and assassin snails on the way!

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Your tank looks great! I was thinking of paring down the LR in my tank as well to get more of a minimalist look like you have there.

Is that anthias in your avatar in that tank?
    120g SW mixed reef (see profile for equipment info) RBTAs, Shrooms, Zoas (new!) and fish..... and two fat cats
    "The seaweed is always greener in somebody else's lake." -Sebastian the crab

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by cat_fish_lady
    Your tank looks great! I was thinking of paring down the LR in my tank as well to get more of a minimalist look like you have there.

Is that anthias in your avatar in that tank?
    Thanks! I've always liked the look of less rock. Now I just have to resist the urge to fill my sand up with frags.

The anthias is from my old tank. I loved that fish, the only problem is that they are pretty shy. He would never come out when visitors where looking at my tank, so I always had to explain that my prettiest fish was hiding.
    40g SW

0 Not allowed!
    That's because Anthias must have others of their kind to be comfortable and thus visible. I keep eight of one species, twelve of another, and they are all out and playing in the current all day.

Dave
    When a finger points to the moon, the imbecile looks at the finger.

Omnia mutantur nihil interit.

The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    40g SW

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Labeled some of my zoas. Got the names from zoaid. The "hornet clones" look just like hornets, but they don't have the alternating skirts, so I guess they aren't legit. Good thing I got them for cheap :)

40g SW

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Update...Picked up a clam, lost a couple of zoas, not really sure why. You can see I added a prefilter/surface skimmer that I had built for me. I am just running floss in it now. I also started dosing two part (two little fishies brand). On to the pics:

FTS:

New Clam:

Purple acan:

Closeup of the left side. You can see I fragged a head of my frogspawn and moved it over here:

Thanks for looking in!
    40g SW