· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

for keeping healthy fish - Lady Hobbs   good job - Lady Hobbs   For keeping beautiful killies! Great job! - koaladarshana   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - es31710   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - es31710   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - es31710   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - es31710   

Smile Getting 20 gallon

0 Not allowed!
    So i am getting my sisters 20 gallon tall because she is moving into an apartment now and cant take the tank with her. Well my first goal is to plant it. All fake in their -_- Next is the stalking. I feel as though it is overstocked.
    x3 sterbai cats
    x2 honey gourami(male and female)
    x1 BN
    x1 Flying fox -_- (fattest fish you will ever see)
    Any suggestions i am really into giving the flying fox back to the pet store.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

for keeping healthy fish - Lady Hobbs   good job - Lady Hobbs   For keeping beautiful killies! Great job! - koaladarshana   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - es31710   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - es31710   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - es31710   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - es31710   

0 Not allowed!
    It said flying fox at petco when she got it i will get pics of it later. To be honest it could be a SAE false SAE or Flying Fox no clue. The reason i say this is it is not aggresive and it is about 3.5 inches maybe 4. It also is shy. and doesnt bother the cories or BN. No clue -_-

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    IMG_1232.JPG
    IMG_1230.JPG
    Here are some pics

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For your generosity! - Sir Tristen   Thanks! - Wild Turkey   Because your cool :) LOL - lovleeko   Thought you could use some good algae. Is there such a thing. LOL - lovleeko   stocking Rams - Algenco   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - bushwhacker   

0 Not allowed!
    hard to tell but i dont think thats an SAE,, as for your plan yes get rid of the plastic and get live plants in there
    Last edited by bushwhacker; 03-28-2012 at 02:45 AM.
    The only substitute for good manners is fast reflexes.
    RIP Roscoe. We will meet again Bug.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thats what i thought but i got to say it is honestly the shyest, nicest fish though. So thats why i am wondering if it is not a flying fox. and ya i hate plastic plants. Its so much more healthier for the fish to have live.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need gifts!!  Happy New Year! :) - Ellen4God   Thanks for the heads up on tank size - Intentional or not  :-P - 850R   

0 Not allowed!
    I think it is a CAE instead of a flying fox. The gray coloring and the jagged edge of the markings kinda tells me so. It is lacking barbels as well.

As for stocking (not stalking), i wouldn't get a BN pleco if you have another algae eater or vice versa. Also, sterbai corys is a schooling specie and needs to be around 6 or more for proper schooling, but you have a tall tank instead of a long, so i am not sure about having a school of these.

Not sure about honey gourami, but i think it is better if you let alone a male in that tank. Gouramis needs 1m:3-4f or else the male will just harass the female to death.
    Da name's Paul. Not Dave. ROFL

Learn to give and take. That's how things should always work.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome back! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Pjaldave I believe the list the OP listed is what is already in the tank, not what is planned for stocking.

es31730, just curious as to how long your sister had this tank with those fish in there?

Sorry I can't help more with the stocking as I"m not sure what expected sizes some of those fish will become. Also, I hope your sister gave you a testing kit she was using so you can keep on top of the water parameters.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    looks like an SAE to me. Identical to my friends SAE. I would also up the numbers of the sterbai cats. The sae is gonna get a bit big for that tank in my opinion. Honey gouramis are fine, although i would try to add another female for safe measures.

try this for stocking

6x sterbai crories
    3x honey gourami
    40 Gallon Breeder Planted: harlequin rasbora rummynose tetra corydoras cherry barbs

40 Gallon Breeder Reef: In progress!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need gifts!!  Happy New Year! :) - Ellen4God   Thanks for the heads up on tank size - Intentional or not  :-P - 850R   

0 Not allowed!
    Oh woops! Sorry, i though she (or he) is just thinking of something to stockk the tank, my bad.

Anyways, it definitely does not look like an SAE because the black lining (on the middle) doesn't go halfway of the tail fin.

I would go with what ridgeness said for stocking, but then i will worry about having a BN pleco and a flying fox in the same tank as they're both quite the algae eater.
    Da name's Paul. Not Dave. ROFL

Learn to give and take. That's how things should always work.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Ya he is trying to fix his sisters tank haha. I really don't know about how long its been set up. Probably for a year. Ya i dont like the stocking choices. STill not sure wat type of algae eater it is.I will probably up the school of cories or return them i will probably do a 1M-2F gourami.
    Here is my plans:
    x3 Honey gourami (2 females 1 male)
    x6 three line cories (looked at the closer that is what they are)
    x1 BN Pleco
    Plants:
    xalot of water sprite
    x3 anarchis
    x2 java fern
    x1 anubias on driftwood
    x3 wisteria
    x4 amazon sword
    Just a rough draft for plants.